Rob's Story - (20)

rob6709

Reaction score
Hello.

My names Rob and im form the UK.
Let's begin. I first started to notice hairloss at aged 15. I had lost hair on the left side of my head around the ear, the back left corner of my scalp and a couple of places on the scalp. It only became noticeable when i cut my hair short. I was distressed so consulted my GP. His diagnosed me with severe psoriasis as my scalp was red and itchy. I was given a shampoo to use and it seems to clear up. I did not regrow the lost hair. I use the term lost hair but they wernt bald patches just very thin. Success i thought as i breathed a massive sigh of relief that i would not be experiencing male patern baldness. Not yet at least. SO i carried on with my life untill about 6 months ago. My hair style is the emo kind of indie style. I noticed i no longer had a full fringe. The fringe was getting thiner. I pulled my hair back to reveal that my hair line was very thin. I also noticed that my temples were receeding quite a bit. I used a mirror to check out the rest of my head and its very thin towards the back and on the crown.
I went back to the doctors and was told to take a blood test as psoriasis was not affecting me anymore. Blood test results were normal. I was then told nothing could be done.
I started looking up hairloss on the internet and came across this forum.
Now my hairs always been very thick and i was able to get away with my preferred style without any signs that i was going bald to the uneducated. In the past couple of weeks its not so thick anymore.
Infact its horribly thin.
I will post some pictures tommorow of it wet and dry, the hair line, the sides and the crown.
I would be extremly gratefull for any advice.
Also i dye my hair black. I dont know if that makes any difference.
Im also a smoker and casusal drug user.

Thankyou.

amsch

Reaction score
Re: Rob's Story age-20.

Hey there bud!

I know what you feel like. I'm turning 20 in a few days, and am suffering from hairloss for 2-3 years as well.

Most people would suggest you to jump on the "Big 3", which is Propecia, Rogaine (liquid) and Nizoral shampoo.

Depending on your situation, i would suggest wether to go straight to the Big 3 or just use Propecia along with Nizoral shampoo EoD. If you want maintanence, this usually will be enough. If you're looking for hair regrowth, you can still throw rogaine in the boat.

Don't forget to post pics!

rob6709

Reaction score

amsch said:
Hey there bud!

I know what you feel like. I'm turning 20 in a few days, and am suffering from hairloss for 2-3 years as well.

Most people would suggest you to jump on the "Big 3", which is Propecia, Rogaine (liquid) and Nizoral shampoo.

Depending on your situation, i would suggest wether to go straight to the Big 3 or just use Propecia along with Nizoral shampoo EoD. If you want maintanence, this usually will be enough. If you're looking for hair regrowth, you can still throw rogaine in the boat.

Don't forget to post pics!

Thankyou for your advice its very much appreciated. What are the costs of the "Big 3" and how often would i have to buy each product say monthly or every 6 months.

amsch

Reaction score

I'd say you'll go to your dermatologist and tell him about your problem. Ask him to prescribe you Proscar. Proscar is pretty much the same as Propecia, it's just that Proscar has 5 mg of Finasteride in it, propecia one.

All you have to do is get some proscar and part it into 5 pieces, so you have 1 mg again.

I don't live in the US, but i've heard that you can get kirkland minoxidil (it's the same as rogaine minoxidil) and Nizoral in local scores. Can anyone help me out on this?