Rockjeep's Story - ( 21 w/ pics!!)

rockjeep

Reaction score
Just joined and am excited to see if I can stop and hopefully stop and regrow some hair back. My hair started thinning around 18yrs old and I never really payed any attention. Now that is obviously falling out I figured its time to do something about it. There no hairloss on my mothers side but the majority of my fathers side including himself are bald or nearly bald. My fathers hair was pretty much gone at 25yrs old so I'm basically following his footsteps. Starting 12/29/07 I began my quest, my expectations are not high so if all fails I shave my head.I normally sport a buzz cut anyways, my head's kinda goofy shaped when completely shaved though. Oh well.

12/29/07
- liquid finasteride from research company @ 1.25mg everyday
- 2% nizoral every 3rd day
- generic shampoo and conditioner
- 25mg liquid aromasin every other day

1/16/07
- dr reddys finax @ 1mg everyday
- 2% nizoral every 3rd day
- mane n tail shampoo and conditioner
- 25mg liquidaromasin every other day

I also take MSM, Turmeric, Multi Vita's, Flax oil, Fish oils daily

I havent used any rogaine but may purchase some 5% foam and use 1 time daily

Heres pics taken 12/27/07 my hair is blonde and has always been on the thin side

100_1365.jpg

100_1369.jpg

100_1368.jpg

Heres pics as of 1/18/08 hairs about 1/2" long and looks like crap

100_1395.jpg

100_1394.jpg

100_1393.jpg

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: hair loss @ 21 w/ pics

I suggest using Rogaine. Where did you get the liquid finasteride?

rockjeep

Reaction score

got the liquid finasteride at chem one research. Would hair be shedding at 1 month on finasteride or am I balding progressively faster? I guess I'll get some rogaine to hit all angles

RaginDemon

Reaction score

its still at the early stage of male pattern baldness, I think big 3 will most likely help.

I say you do all three together!

rockjeep

Reaction score

do you guys think my hair is just shedding right now? Its been a while since myhair has been over and inch long but its currently looking kind of patchy, maybe from the propecia.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

rockjeep said:
do you guys think my hair is just shedding right now? Its been a while since myhair has been over and inch long but its currently looking kind of patchy, maybe from the propecia.

you have male pattern baldness and Propecia is helping, you need to give it some time.

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score

I'd say you have a pretty good chance of thickening up all over. You should notice shedding within the first 2 or 3 months and start to notice improvements 4-6 months, but it varies for everyone.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

cmudave said:
I'd say you have a pretty good chance of thickening up all over. You should notice shedding within the first 2 or 3 months and start to notice improvements 4-6 months, but it varies for everyone.

:agree:

Timing is rather critical when it comes to male pattern baldness, start treatment asap

rockjeep

Reaction score

Just started using rogaine foam this morning, I could see this being a pain to apply if my hair was longer. I'm only going to using in the 1x a day. The finasteride and aromasin seems to be a good stack. With the lowered estro and my test being higher I've had some solid strength gains in the gym, also body fat has gone down a little

RaginDemon

Reaction score

rockjeep said:
Just started using rogaine foam this morning, I could see this being a pain to apply if my hair was longer. I'm only going to using in the 1x a day. The finasteride and aromasin seems to be a good stack. With the lowered estro and my test being higher I've had some solid strength gains in the gym, also body fat has gone down a little

thats a nice bonus.

I take a pre workout suppliment called NO XPOLDE, the N.O. is suppose to increase blood circulation even on the scalp.

rockjeep

Reaction score

no xplode never did anything for me, superpump 250 was nice though, I dont like the crash I got when the supplement ceased after about 2hours.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score

Ah a fellow diffuser. Welcome. Ya u mite thicken up a bit just keep in mind that your top will only thicken up to how thick your sides are...i havent had too much success with foam, its done jack sh*t for me. Just keep finasteride, so you have enough roots to sport a buzzcut for life. About the best option for us bro.

rockjeep

Reaction score

I dont know how long I'm going to be able to put up with the rogaine foam, I hate the way it feels when its applied. Like my hair is greasy yet brittle and smells. I dont even know how people with longer hair could stand it, the foam barely gets on to the scalp. If new hair grew from the rogaine would propecia be enough to keep it alive if the rogaine was discountinued

RaginDemon

Reaction score

rockjeep said:
no xplode never did anything for me, superpump 250 was nice though, I dont like the crash I got when the supplement ceased after about 2hours.

I know exactly what you mean...I always got so exhausted when it ceased from the system.

I like the bump, and it gives me the size I want.

CCS

Reaction score

Diffusing NW5 pattern. You caught it early. That would be hard to spot if you hair was longer.

The problem with minoxidil is you might now want to be stuck applying it to that big of an area your whole life. It is strong stuff though if you are happy with buzz cut.

I say get on finasteride, wash your hair with nizoral 1% every other day or every 3rd day, and buy some bulk green tea extract that is high in EGCG, and put that in your favorite shampoo, but only if it is gentle enough to leave in for 2-3 minutes.

For GTE, http://www.beyondacenturyonline.com.
For finasteride, http://www.inhousepharmacy.com. Get Fincar and cut it in 4ths with a pill cutter. You don't have to cut it perfectly either.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

yah listen to CCS, he is a pro hair loss suvivor.

rockjeep

Reaction score

CCS
I'm on 1mg finasteride every day. I already dislike using rogaine everyday because of the way it makes my hair feel. I dont see the rogaine use going long term also cause its expensive. I do use nizoral 2% every 3rd day with no problems. Thats interesting about the green tea extract, I drink 2 cups of green tea every morning before work because I dont like coffee, not that this helps keep the hair but its healthy for my body. How effective is putting green tea extract in my shampoo. I use mane n tail shampoo and conditioner which I believe is excellent, my hair feels great afterwards

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Am I the only one that thinks this is more serious than everyone else is making out? I really think you should get on dutasteride, you need some serious DHT blocking power because you're thinning all over your head! If you left it another year or two it would be all over red rover. I don't think your a good candidate for foam because your thinning area is much to extensive.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

his hair isnt that bad at all dude, stop scaring him.

rockjeep

Reaction score

Honestly, how effective is putting green tea extract in shampoo? Is it really worth it? I'm on th big 3 and everythings been good so far. Now its just time to wait and hope the results are good.