RockLovingGuy's Story - (21/ Foam 5% 1 dose/day Progress)

RockLovingGuy

Reaction score
Alright so I was told this was the right section to start this Thread.

Let's start with the basics, I am 21, with no MAJOR hairloss problems but it has become noticeable now in the temple area in my hair and it, annoys me.

I started shedding hair more than I grew I'd say at around age.. 18 going on 19. To be honest I didn't notice it much cause back then I had long hair (down to my neck, teenage rock n roll days) but it wasn't that bad really and it didn't annoy me much. At age 20 I went through a state of depression that lasted a little over half a year and I did notice a Big amount of hairs when I showered in my hands. That was in 2008-2009. In Q3 2009 I used rogaine for a month and noticed it stopped the sheds and I was thinking "cool, I guess Ill try this out when I have the discipline" and now is that time. I started Rogaine back again on April 11 2010, still going and will continue until April-11-2011.

Now I must mention that during that single month of rogaine foam use in Q3 2009 it Noticeably helped regrow the bit of hair i'd lost in my crown area, which was noticeable when I cut my hair short (1 inch or less), but after that month of use I haven't had worrying issues.

I must also mention that my dad's side of the family tend to go bald, but my mom's side of the family they all have gorgeous hair even the elders, my hair is Fully black, Thick and wavy - straight.

The affected areas, at least the ones that are real noticeable is only one, the Right temple area, the left is also a bit noticeable but it's not that bad really, in fact, I'm ok to live with it for the rest of my life without it affecting my self esteem. My scalp is the same, it's fine now, it was becoming noticeable but after that single month of Rogaine use in Q3 09 plus the month I've used from april to may 2010 has made it barely noticeable. Also my life is a Lot less, a LOT less stressful than it was in 2007-2009. I think this also might've helped.

So my goal is this, to get the right temple area of my head to have as much hair (or at least close) as my left. I apply one dose of Rogaine foam on my Right temple, Left temple and Scalp, after I shower everyday and that's it. Rarely, I do apply another dose on the right and left temple again in the same day, but it's rare.

I apologize for posting the first pics of the first month of progress with such bad quality images, they were taken with a mere web camera. I will be buying another Digital real camera This month (I hope I don't break this one as well I'm bad with cameras :shakehead: )

so Here it is.

These pics are of April 11 2010, the day I started using Rogaine Foam.

Left Temple Area
2ilyk2x.png

Right Temple Area
2u9l8n5.png

Crown (scalp area not so clear since there's lots of hair covering the deserted areas)
esrtkg.jpg

Now, 1 month and 4 days later here is the progress

These are of May 15th 2010.

Left Temple Area
17pg5w.png

Right Temple Area
21j7vpk.png

Crown (scalp area, tried to make it as visible as possible that's the worst it could look with proper light and angle)
i3yqsi.jpg

Conclusion - Shedding has stopped, I honestly, and without wishful thinking, am seeing New hairs coming out of the temple areas where there was nothing, and it is also easy to recognize as they are not the same length as the ones in the receding line and they also have that Very fine end that new hairs have. Although it only has been 1 month, I hope this process doesn't stop growing New hairs around the areas, at least Rogaine has proven to stop shedding my hair. If rogaine it does not work the way I want it to 11 months from now I will resort to Surgery in the near future. I will cut my hair to about a bit less than an inch this weekend to see a more detailed progress next month. My hair grows very fast by the way, if it helps in anything.

Thanks for reading got any suggestions? More than welcome, but don't suggest other products, I don't want to add any other chemicals at this point. Anything else would be great!

PS - I got a 3 month supply (3 bottles) of Rogaine Foam for 42 dollars at a local pharmacy, I'll take a pic of the bottle I use (I think there's only 1 kind of rogaine for men?) just so you know for sure what I use
jfdxjl.png

and by using it once daily, I'm impressed, I'd say I still got a little less than half a bottle and it's been over a full month of use. I don't get how a single one costs 20 dollars but 3 cost 42, I hope this one has just as much minoxidil.

RockLovingGuy

Reaction score
Re: My Rogaine Foam 5% 1 dose/day Progress - Age 21.

aaaaaalright so I bought a new camera as promised to show better results..
Date of pics taken was June 18th 2010, Rogaine Foam has been applied once (sometimes twice, I'd say twice or thrice a week) everyday since april 11th.

Right Temple close up
2gtdnup.jpg

Right temple whole
2edzgb6.jpg

Left Temple close up
1q3a5c.jpg

Left Temple Whole
2u9qyvt.jpg

Scalp (it's not even noticeable like it was in Q1 2009.)
2n820qv.jpg

Frontal Aerial view.
ofx45c.jpg

Conclusion -
I noticed the biggest reason why I shed whenever I did was because of stress, for about 1 week a few weeks ago I noticed about 10 or 15 hairs in my hands each time I swiped'em back through my head when I showered, and this happened during the same exact time when I was having a LOT of stress because of issues with a person close to me. I solved the issues and decided to relax and shedding has competely stopped (2-3 hairs tops when I run my hands back through my head now the first 4 swipes then zero)

I've noticeably seen a great result on my left temple, it's not only visible in a close up look, but also in a fart distance one. Then again it's only been 2 months, we'll see what else happens.
Oh, and no negative side effects of any kind, neither biochemical (anabolic or catabolic) or psychological.

I've read some successful stories here in this site, I hope I succeed in this because well.. I'm tired of wearing hats most of the time. (right temple is still noticeable, not as much now though)

PS - If somehow the pics turn out oversized or something someone please fix it for me as it's been a few years since I learned anything regarding BB coding as well as HTML :( Thanks for watching. :smack:

RockLovingGuy

Reaction score
aaaaaaalright, 3 month update, Very happy with my left temple, the right temple is finally starting to show some results, not drastic like on the left one but it's something.
These pics were taken on July 17th 2010

Left Temple
67jrsy.jpg

Right Temple
34zcemd.jpg

Scalp - Fully healed now, even when I cut my hair down to an inch it still doesn't show like.. baldness, and if it does a lil bit there has to be too much bright light highlighting it I can now bow my head without any shame.
2l9s7q.jpg

Frontal View
24xid84.jpg

Conclusion - No negative side effects whatsoever since it's only the foam.
Usage continues to be once a day on each side of the temple and the scalp, Sometimes I apply it twice a day on the temples.
Stress levels have been low and shedding has continued to be stable (5-10 a day tops when I shower) Overall I'm happy, I hope at the 6th month mark (3 months from now) My right temple will look good again. Oh I just turned 22 a few week sago. :)

RockLovingGuy

Reaction score
K I didnt upload pics last month as i have been extremely busy and I usually have to take lots of pics till I get a very detailed one.

First off I have to mention that the progress in the last 2 months has not been fast because of 2 reasons, the first one being that I stopped using rogaine for almost 2 weeks in august. The second reason is that in the last 2 months I went through a VERY VERY VERY stressful phase day by day and I noticed progress being rather slow, in the last few weeks though; the progress have gone back to it's normal development due to my stress levels going back to very low.

So here they are, pics were taken on september 24th 2010 (making it 5 months now), I apply the foam once in the crown area everyday, and twice in both temples everyday.

Frontal view
dxlsmw.jpg

Crown
28uig51.jpg

Left temple
11761qb.jpg

Right
25sndc6.jpg

Thanks!

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Looks great.

You probably just have slow loss but using rogaine alone like you are is probably fine.

If for any reason it starts to look like you're shedding and going bald like that one side of your family, I'd just jump on finasteride and you'll probably be fine.

tdrake

Reaction score
Probably won't reply but I'd love to see what your hair is like now, nice one on the progress!