Rogaine 5% After 5 Months (Just Started Sheeding Again?)

sjack2010

Reaction score
As the title says I have been using Rogaine5% for 5 months and it was working pretty well till the last month (december or so). I saw very good growth around the crown
but I have started to lose quiet a lot of hair since last month and it looks like it has gotten worse than before (didn't even know it was sheeding), I have heard that people experience shedding at some stage after using Rogaine so my question is this normal and will it get better or should I think about switching to something else ?

I have really started to freak out now I had even stopped using toppik to cover the bald spot it had work that great but now I can't even think of going out without toppik ?
any advice will be helpful at this point

let-it-grow

Established Member
Reaction score
You can't trust only minoxidil, to keep your hair you need to fight the cause of your hair loss - the DHT, which is done by taking Finastraide.

sjack2010

Reaction score
let-it-grow said:
You can't trust only minoxidil, to keep your hair you need to fight the cause of your hair loss - the DHT, which is done by taking Finastraide.
I am already on it but what I want to know is that am I going to get the hair back that I have lost in the last month or so or should I look for a different alternative because it was working wonders before a month or so.

CBF

Established Member
Reaction score
i am on rogaine foam already one year and i am still sheeding badly....only when give foam on my head.

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
i have the same story, more or less. i added minoxidil and nizoral to my regiment last march (i was already taking propecia), and saw good regrowth for the next 3-4 months. then in august i noticed that my hair was worse.

after freaking out a bit, i decided to jump on liquid minoxidil (i had been using foam). i think it worked for me. it grew back some, but not completely. then i thought lost some ground AGAIN. so i panicked and did a combo of foam and liquid. right now things are kinda ok. its not completely full, but i feel like i'm holding it up pretty well.

so, moral of the story is, maybe you should pay around with your minoxidil treatment. try to add liquid if youre only using foam, and vice versa. you can also try using a higher strength minoxidil.

and if all that fails, you might want to take the plunge into dutasteride. i'm considering it