Rogaine: ANYONE last thru the scary thinning / shed phase?

Jpeluso8

Reaction score
Quick synopsis. I took propecia for years, had good results.

Then decided to save money, and split generic finasteride pills into 1/4ths. NOW right about this change, I also started ROGAINE.

My hair for the last 3 months has looked noticeably thinner everywhere. I ASSUMED it was the switch to generic finasteride. HOWEVER, all the research i've been doing on the internet, shows that people who have switched from propcia to proscar 1/4ths or generic finn 1/4ths have had fine results. WHERAS SO MANY PEOPLE who are on Rogaine complain of horrible shedding, thinning hairlines, bad hair texture etc.. SO I really am thinking its the roagaine, and Im thinking about stopping.

CAN PEOPLE ON THIS THREAD please just reply with their results of ROGAINE..specifically if you survived the shedding phase, and what your results have bene long term? Trying to figure out if I should stop it or not..

sc64

Reaction score
SO MANY PEOPLE who are on Rogaine complain of horrible shedding, thinning hairlines, bad hair texture etc.. SO I really am thinking its the roagaine, and Im thinking about stopping[/quote]

I've been on the foam for 23 months and for 15 of those 2 times a day and hated the texture it gave so went to once a day for the last 8 months and the texture is still not what I would like it be, like a dried out feeling and have not been impressed with it up till now,so I just added tricomin and cut back a day or 2 on the foam to see if that would help the texture problem before I decide at the 2 year mark what I want to do with it .so Imo it's help maintain I guess but the meds have done most of the real work for me.

Jpeluso8

Reaction score
sc64 said:
SO MANY PEOPLE who are on Rogaine complain of horrible shedding, thinning hairlines, bad hair texture etc.. SO I really am thinking its the roagaine, and Im thinking about stopping

I've been on the foam for 23 months and for 15 of those 2 times a day and hated the texture it gave so went to once a day for the last 8 months and the texture is still not what I would like it be, like a dry out feeling and have not been impressed with it up till now,so I just added tricomin and cut back a day or 2 on the foam to see if that would help the texture problem before I decide at the 2 year mark what I want to do with it .so Imo it's help maintain I guess but the meds have done most of the real work for me.[/quote]

so would you say that after 2 years, your noT satisfied with the Rogaine? Has it left you a) thinnner and more patchy b) the same c) better thicker hair, or d) the same, but with just a weird texture.

ANYONE ELSE?

Rawtashk

Reaction score
STICK WITH IT! I did, but I was soooo close to quitting.

Also, the fact that you reduced your finasteride by 3/4ths might have something to do with the shed. Don't fix what isn't broken! Having your hair is priceless, don't skimp on it.

sc64

Reaction score
(D)-I would say the same ,I've notice if I go a day or two without the foam and wash my hair the texture is a bit better and not a dried out thin look, so it's the foam,but for me if I over use it which I do at times I have this problem.

Jpeluso8

Reaction score
Rawtashk said:
STICK WITH IT! I did, but I was soooo close to quitting.

Also, the fact that you reduced your finasteride by 3/4ths might have something to do with the shed. Don't fix what isn't broken! Having your hair is priceless, don't skimp on it.

I just want to be clear...i never reduced my finn usage...it actually increased..i took propecia originally and thT was 1 mg...now I take 1.25 mgs which equals 1/4th of a generic pill of finn split