rogaine foam purchase

baldkarma79

Reaction score
I'm at walgreens buying my 3pack of rogaine foam and the chick at the register is a girl I went to school with years ago. I thought about avoiding the line or ditching the rogaine but I was the only one there and forced to own it. She looked at my purchase and then at my hairline and my face went bright red. For the first time in my life i was speechless. I think I'll be buying my rogaine online now.

barcafan

Reaction score
Cassin said:
Ah man that's a rough one.

Well look at it this way...she's a cashier.

yeah but wouldn't you want to be a cashier too if it would ensure that you can keep a thick nw1 for the rest of your life? i would.

when im buying my hairloss unmentionables at my local drug mart, it's usually the calm before the storm for me as im walking down the aisle.

But sometimes i break into an uncontrollable panic and just start involuntarily grimacing my face especially when its a girl cashier.

one time i just blurted out 'I HAVE TO GO TO A DOCTOR', freaked, then ran the f*** out without paying.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
never bought a hairloss treatment OTC....well i did once with propeica but the box doesn't mention what it's for
in the uk minoxidil 5% can only be legally sold by a pharmacy by the pharmasit so it will always be behind the counter and you would have to physically ask for it so unsurprisingly minoxidil is not well sold in uk pharmacies OTC but rather online instead

cuebald

Reaction score
yeah, here in the UK minoxidil is mostly a [P] schedule med which means it can only be sold by a licensed Pharmacy, and you have to go up to the Pharmacy counter and ask in person.

Usually you are in a queue and you have to ask the pharmacy counter girl (and it is ALWAYS a young, cute, pharmacy grad) "uh, hi, uh, can I have some 5% Minoxidil, please" and she'll go "Oh, you mean ROGAINE? yeah, sure, here's your ROGAINE, remember to follow ROGAINE's instructions closely"
the queue of people then trying to avoid looking at you :mrgreen:

I bought mine from the net. (I don't use it any more)
It's the same with that OTC diet pill now on the market (orlistat) - everyone I see buying that stuff always says "uh, it's for my husband/wife"

Boondock

Reaction score
Usually you are in a queue and you have to ask the pharmacy counter girl (and it is ALWAYS a young, cute, pharmacy grad) "uh, hi, uh, can I have some 5% Minoxidil, please" and she'll go "Oh, you mean ROGAINE? yeah, sure, here's your ROGAINE, remember to follow ROGAINE's instructions closely"

:woot:

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'd be too worried about buying Rogaine in a shop. I've bought quite a few embarrassing things over the counter before e.g. condoms, acne treatment and even Thrush cream, which I had to ask for in the pharmacy section of Boots.

Nene

Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
Buy it on Amazon, fools. It's way cheaper.

Save yourself the travel and embarrassment by buying from Amazon. If you subscribe when the price is low you can get 3 cans for a little over 30 bucks. No way it's that cheap in any store including costco.