rogaine foam sheds vs. liquid minoxidil sheds PLEASE chime in!

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone gone from minoxidil foam to liquid and have less shedding cycles ? I'm on month 15.

ok, so i have been on foam non stop for about 15 months now, every 2-3 months i get MASSIVE shedding, and then teh hair comes back, each time it comes back a little weaker.

I know this NOT normal to shed every 2-3 months, and im on month 15 now, one would think the shedding should level out by now, but thsi is not the case.

My conclusions are that foam may be OVER EFFECTIVE for me and causing me to shed every 2-3 months. Agian I have had BAD and I mean BAD sheds about 6 times in the past 15 months.

So my questions are as follows:

1) has anyone gone from minoxidil foam to liquid and has less massive sheds
2) has anyone stayed on foam past month 15, and then the minoxidil foam sheds start to get better.
3) Has anyone decided to add liquid with foam and this help the massive sheds,

Thanks

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I am on the same cycle with the foam. I think I am going to try the foam in the morning and the liquid at night.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have never experienced a 'shed' on either, but I keep my hair buzzed.

Are you growing your hair out/longer as it thickens up between sheds? I'm wondering if you're not applying the minoxidil properly when your hair is at it's thickest, triggering the next shed.

Crazily simple suggestion I know, I'm just not convinced by this whole shedding thing :/

irishpride86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well i know its foam for sure now. Ive been on foam alone for 4 months( dropped ru to see what the caises was) and im going through a bad shed ( im at month 15 on minoxidil), only thing im using is minoxidil. I know its the minoxidil that causes these shed every 2-3 months. I have been having them since i started and im on month 15. By now i should have seen less shedding cycles.

so i may switch to liquid, but before i do I want to hear those that have tried foam and then went to liquid and saw less shedding cycles.

I really do think foam is being OVER active for me, i think, OR my hair gets longer and foam has a hard time reaching my scalp.

either way i need to hear otehrs stories on this,

I would REALLY love to try a PG free liquid minoxidil, but dr. lee is shut down and i do not know where to get it, that is trusted, that is.

Good thing about all of this is im going to start ru agian, as i know now FOR A FACT ru did not cause my shedding every 2-3 months, it was infact minoxidil foam.

so I can cross ru off my list of causes.

Anyway any help from anyone of this , please chime in !

Technical

Reaction score
Maybe try applying the foam only once a day?

Honestly, I haven't tried foam, we don't have it in Canada, but I'm working in the states this summer so I'm going to switch over from liquid. Liquid sucks, it stays in your hair too long, and it actually makes balding more noticeable when applied.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
What exactly is ru?

Is it a peptide? Sorry for my ignorance

brandnew

Established Member
Reaction score
i tried the liquid the other night bc i was going to do liquid at nights and foam in the day but it was a mess... hard to apply ran every where and NEVER dried. i kept waking up bc i kept thinking it was rubbing off on my pillow and getting on my face... just paranoid.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Just try the liquid already, dude. Use it for a while and see what happens. You've been wondering about this for over a year. Your hair does grow back on minoxidil foam (even though it sheds), so just try it.