rogaine foam to help with shedding?

G

ok guys, i'm 20 years old, will be 21 in a few days. over the past month or so, my hair has been shedding like crazy, and after a while of this, has become pretty thin looking on top. i usually have longer hair, but i cut it shoirt for the summer yesterday to cover it up a bit better. my doctor says i'm having a weird cycle and my hair should grow back within the next few months. anyway, my hair is still shedding and is getting thinner and thinner. i want to start doing somewthing about it except just waiting for it to stop shedding and growing back. i've heard that with Telogen Effluvium cases, rogaine can spark faster regrowth. i've also heard that it could cause more shedding. if i've already shed a ton and am still shedding, and i go on rogaine, will it shed even worse while i am already shedding? that would kind of defeat the purpose of me using it to begin with.

Myhair_Matt

Reaction score
TIM for congress. said:
ok guys, i'm 20 years old, will be 21 in a few days. over the past month or so, my hair has been shedding like crazy, and after a while of this, has become pretty thin looking on top. i usually have longer hair, but i cut it shoirt for the summer yesterday to cover it up a bit better. my doctor says i'm having a weird cycle and my hair should grow back within the next few months. anyway, my hair is still shedding and is getting thinner and thinner. i want to start doing somewthing about it except just waiting for it to stop shedding and growing back. i've heard that with Telogen Effluvium cases, rogaine can spark faster regrowth. i've also heard that it could cause more shedding. if i've already shed a ton and am still shedding, and i go on rogaine, will it shed even worse while i am already shedding? that would kind of defeat the purpose of me using it to begin with.

Hi Tim,

That sucks man, i feel for ya, a sudden hairloss is the worst ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... welcome to my world, i just joined it 2 months ago.

If your hair is already shedding then you have 2 options, Sit the shed out and see what happens, let nature take its course, or get on the rogaine/minoxidil, which could speed up the whole process, shedding and regrowth. It's up to you, unfortunantly no one holds the answer to the future of your hair except your body and the way it works.

Nothing will stop your hair from shedding apart from super glueing it in.

Best of luck

G

yeah man, well at least we're in it together. even though seems like your hair is thicker than mine is. i'm giving it a try. can't hurt. if my hair sheds, it would have had to fall out anyway, so i'll speed up the process. anyway, foam day 1, so far so good!