Rogaine Hasn't Helped Me At All. I Want To Stop Using It

Alan8

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using rogaine for about a year. My hair shedding has increased dramatically, and I haven't seen any growth at all. I was trying to stop my receding hairline but it didnt work. I didnt grow any thickness in that area. So I want to stop using it because honestly I was better off before it. So my question is, will I lose the very very few hairs that MIGHT have grown since I started rogaine, or will I pretty much lose all the hair in that region?

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
The very very few hairs. I would not worry.

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The very very few hairs. I would not worry.
are you sure about this? Ive been using rogaine foam only on temples 1x daily(4 -5 months) and i never should have started. My shed seemed to grow back but thats it. I kinda hate having to apply it and for some reason i dont trust minoxidil. I dont like anything that can cause hair loss that fast and dramatic with minimal payoff in the end(In my case anyway) has anyone actually quit before? And not returned to using it? What was the outcome? I would assume it would be wise to taper off correct? I was thinking the next can i buy will be womens 2% rogaine (one Can lasts me 6 months) crazy i know. For me finasteride may be the end all be all treatment and anything else might be a waste or detrimental to my hair

Massive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
are you sure about this? Ive been using rogaine foam only on temples 1x daily(4 -5 months) and i never should have started. My shed seemed to grow back but thats it. I kinda hate having to apply it and for some reason i dont trust minoxidil. I dont like anything that can cause hair loss that fast and dramatic with minimal payoff in the end(In my case anyway) has anyone actually quit before? And not returned to using it? What was the outcome? I would assume it would be wise to taper off correct? I was thinking the next can i buy will be womens 2% rogaine (one Can lasts me 6 months) crazy i know. For me finasteride may be the end all be all treatment and anything else might be a waste or detrimental to my hair

Hey I'm just wondering, when you say you apply only to the temples are you applying to receded areas that don't have much hair or are you applying it to the actual tempels where you have hair there but trying to improve it ?
In a few days I'll have 3 months on minoxidil foam and while I apply it all over the top scalp, it grew me some vellus hairs on my receded temples, nothing cosmetically sifnificant though. I think minoxidil did improve my hair a bit altogether, but just a bit, time will tell.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But where you are using this rogaine, on all scalp or? Where you started to shed, did you put rogaine on hairline and temples and then you got crown shed? or what. Precise it

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using rogaine for about a year. My hair shedding has increased dramatically, and I haven't seen any growth at all. I was trying to stop my receding hairline but it didnt work. I didnt grow any thickness in that area. So I want to stop using it because honestly I was better off before it. So my question is, will I lose the very very few hairs that MIGHT have grown since I started rogaine, or will I pretty much lose all the hair in that region?

you have to give it at least seven years before you see regrowth

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey I'm just wondering, when you say you apply only to the temples are you applying to receded areas that don't have much hair or are you applying it to the actual tempels where you have hair there but trying to improve it ?
In a few days I'll have 3 months on minoxidil foam and while I apply it all over the top scalp, it grew me some vellus hairs on my receded temples, nothing cosmetically sifnificant though. I think minoxidil did improve my hair a bit altogether, but just a bit, time will tell.
Only on actual temples and There's alot of hair there just a lil miniaturization happening. So yeah just tried to improve the area and or prevent future loss

Perah

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update? Same situation. 9 month nothing except continuous shedding. Lost 50 % of density on the area on which i applied minoxidil foam. Decided to quit but scared as sh** to loose everything i have left cause of shock or some kind of dependency. Advice?
Soniblu, did you stop? how did it go? bald as a rock?