Rogaine is recovering my old hairline....

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

I cant believe this, I wish I would have started this YEARS AGO. Im 22 and noticed my hairline recede about half an inch. Boy if I would not have hesitated when i was 18 I think i would be way better off instead of listening to all these fear mongerers.

I have only been on it for a month but my left side hairline is looking a100x better and my right which is the worst side is crawling forward. I can see a light shadow of where my hairline was at 19/20. Hot damn.

I hope this continues, I have tried so much BS over these 4 years that it pains my heart to think about the money and stress of it all not working

Revivogen, spironolactone, fluridil, bioclin, dermaheal, elsoms, scalpure, Megatek, miconazole.

This is by far the best I have ever seen as far as results go, it is undeniable.

Before I would always guess "is it working?" but now i know that proven meds are the real deal.

I would get on propecia but i cant handle that mess right now. I need my dick to be 100%. and even if it could be that way while on it just the thought of there being a chance that it my sexual life could even slightly decline puts me off of it. O well. I know without finasteride its still an uphill battle, hopefully this stuff can hold me over for a few years and maybe something better will come along. Right now Im looking for the perfect topical to combine it with though. Im mainly looking at RU or fluridil.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Im extremely happy that something positive is going on for a change when it comes to hair.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I'm the same age, sounds like we are in similar boats. I only noticed mine was going back a bit two years ago at a New Years Eve party (2008-2009 new years)

I only got on finasteride in May of this year, it seems to have stopped and regrown a little but not 100% (I do have full coverage). I had some tiny blonde hairs pop up on my hairline but they never grew.

Now that I've been using minoxidil for a month too I have TONS of tiny blonde hairs all over my hairline and they seem to be getting longer!

Primo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah same here, I only started on my hairline when I turned 24, but damn if I'd only begun back when I was 20/21 things could've been a lot less stressful...

I was so ignorant about Rogaine and other male pattern baldness treatments, I'd just see them in a pharmacy store and think they were grossly over priced and probably didn't work.

I'm like you too, I have a longterm girlfriend and every 5-AR inhibitor I've tried so far has messed up my sex-life, so unfortunately I can't commit to any of them.

minoxidil might only work for a 5years or so but at least I'll have a relatively normal looking Norwood til I'm 30... that was really my main aim from the begining.

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats great news! Ive been applying the foam along my hair loss for 4 months 2X a day and have seen regrowth of some new dark hairs. I need a better high def camera as my blackberry camera isnt good enough. I hope u dont experience a bad shed.

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
Now that I've been using minoxidil for a month too I have TONS of tiny blonde hairs all over my hairline and they seem to be getting longer!

Thats what im talking about. minoxidil goes hard, im pleased so far !!!!!!

imager.php

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
skelll said:
Thats great news! Ive been applying the foam along my hair loss for 4 months 2X a day and have seen regrowth of some new dark hairs. I need a better high def camera as my blackberry camera isnt good enough. I hope u dont experience a bad shed.

I hope i dont shed either. But i do keep my hair cut with no guard so its fairly low cut...close to bald..

Congrats on your success so far.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hate2LoseIt said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

imager.php
good to hear man :)
out of interest, are you from south london? we say stuffs going hard here as a good thing too, never heard of it being used elsewhere
but maybe thats just me being dumb

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happening, but then the hairline receded further. Dunno what the f*** to do now. :woot:

skelll

Established Member
Reaction score
I wish there was more professional studies done of minoxidil on temples or hair loss region so we could get a clearer picture as to how effective it is in that region. I know the the further u go back when applying it the more likely to see results. Im sure there has been legitimate studies conducted I just havent seen them. I just wish I knew more clearly if it does more harm than good when applying in frontal region as the box advises not to put in frontal region

BallsDeep

Reaction score
Sorry to break the positive mood and backslapping but min. 5% has done the opposite for me. I had a slightly receding hairline last year.

Used it for 3 months all it did was accelerate the hairloss. I was told

a.) I should have given it longer (app 6 months)
b.) It's not that good on the hairline.

Fast forward 9 months - hairline is still receding but not as fast. A very very faint bald spot develops. I decide to give min. 5% another shot (Because in all honesty, even though it supposed to be very effective, is going on finasteride. worth growing a pair of DD's and losing your mojo?)

I am now approaching 6 months - my hairline has gone way back and hair is thin all over, there is very few spots where its not possible to see scalp. The very faint bald spot is now becoming a bald patch. There seems to be clumps where my hair is far thicker than the spots where I primarily apply it, shouldn't it be the other way around.

The hairloss was all very gradual until Min. 5% and other friends of mine have gone bald and none went to the stage I was at 6 months ago as fast as I have done and it does appear all down to use of this annoying, messy and overpriced medication. I will be looking for my money back.

For the skeptics, I have a detailed profile showing weekly photos on my profile. (Only the back of the head, the front is just beyond salvation).

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
kthxbi said:
Hate2LoseIt said:
TheGrayMan2001 said:

imager.php
good to hear man :)
out of interest, are you from south london? we say stuffs going hard here as a good thing too, never heard of it being used elsewhere
but maybe thats just me being dumb

nah,..Im from the U.S....Interesting to find out people from london use that term that way. Over here, its more of an Urban thing.

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Just an Update:
hoffing.gif

today I looked in the mirror at my hairline, and I couldnt help but to crack a big cheesy grin. The hair is overall getting much better and GUESS WHAT.....

I have little tiny hairs sprouting well below my old hairline!!..can youfreakin believe this!??!....So after I noticed this I started to

raonnie.gif

Right now Im ecstatic!!!
I Love minoxidil right now and I would pour this crap in a wine glass and drink it if i could. I am now an Avid minoxidil supporter.

LETS

GOOOOOOO

minoxidil!!!!!!

...HECK YEA!
rtdllg.gif

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, its been about 6 month's and a week or two... So here's an update.

Now I can tell what minoxidil will really do, and what unfortunately it wont do.

What it WONT do is regrow hair below your current hairline to a thick enough appearance as the rest of the hair. I have some few hairs at my juvenile hairline on the right sight and a carpet of hairs/shadow of a juvenile hairline on the left side....too bad it doesnt seem to get any better than that...Regardless however, that is still pretty good.

What minoxidil will do however, is it will severely thicken up your CURRENT Hairline and make it look solid..Im very happy with this effect.

In the past If I would grow out my hair, Areas on my hairline would look really thin and I would have to cut the hair all over and leave the temples/hairline untouched just so it would sorta look even all over.....NOW, I do not have to do that...my hair looks the same all the way around without any barber tricks..I just cut it all even with a 2 guard and it looks good.

I am much more comfortable going to a barber.

So at basically the 6 month mark I went from a NW1.5 with NW2.5 diffuse pattern to a solid Norwood 1.3-1.4....

My temple points have moved forward (the hair near your eyebrows and my hairline came down just a smidget and it thickened everything up.

Im thinking of adding spironolactone at the 9 month mark but if i have enough money by that time I will get RU.

Man but about 8 months ago I was breaking down because I was already receded to about 1.5...but when the diffuse pattern started to show at the already receded hairline in the nw2-2.5 pattern..I was gutted. I have never felt that way before and i could tell it was just going to get worse...Thank god I hopped on minoxidil despite all the time I had already wasted thanks to scaremonger's

**EDIT**

Oh yea, correction, minoxidil for me DID regrow hair below my baseline hairline and it did thicken it up with the rest of hair..BUT, that was very recent loss that it fully recovered...like 8months-1year worth of cosmetically acceptable hairline recovery. So about 1/10 of a centimeter of bald hairline recovery

JWM

Reaction score
Can you tell us how much you use, and how you apply it throughout the day, etc.? Thanks.

Rogazzle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hate2LoseIt said:
**EDIT**

Oh yea, correction, minoxidil for me DID regrow hair below my baseline hairline and it did thicken it up with the rest of hair..BUT, that was very recent loss that it fully recovered...like 8months-1year worth of cosmetically acceptable hairline recovery. So about 1/10 of a centimeter of bald hairline recovery

Add miconazole + copper peptides into the mix and really watch happens.

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Each application i use 1.5-2ml

I do this because Im a paranoid kind of guy and i want to make sure each are is fully saturated. So yeah, I use a lot on my hairline a little below my hairline and about an inch behind my hairline.

I apply the rogaine about 12 hrs apart and I normally rinse my hair before application to try and clean up the residue from prior applications of other products and rogaine.

When im applying the rogaine, the tip of the dropper is rubbing my scalp directly and I release some of the minoxidil in each area. .75 ml for right hairline .25ml for right temple .75 for left hairline and .25 for left temple..

i usually put on minoxidil at 11:00am ....then i wait about 4 hrs before i apply moisturizer or grease or whatever...then when it comes to about 11:00pm I rinse everything/condition....then before bed put minoxidil in.

I'll probably post pics up tomorrow..im not sure if i have baseline hairline pics but i do have pics from like a couple of months in and so on.. but i might have baseline

Hate2LoseIt

Established Member
Reaction score
Rogazzle said:
Hate2LoseIt said:
**EDIT**

Add miconazole + copper peptides into the mix and really watch happens.

Yea, im seriously thinking of getting the folligen..... Dont know about mico yet