Rogaine once at night create shedding?

JohnJohn

Reaction score
I'm currently applying Rogain foam once a day before bed on the frontal hairline. Is there a possibility this will create periodic shedding a do more worse then good?I sometimes find small patches gone but they aren't that noticeable overall, espcially after push it forward. I know I will get some regrowth but does Rogaine cause periodic shedding of hair that wouldn't normally shed?

rcom440

Reaction score
I believe that I get better results with monxidil when I use it once a day. Does it cause shedding? Yes, but I think it's not as big as if you were using it twice a day.

JohnJohn

Reaction score
I wonder if I would have more hair more often because of the shedding if I were to just stop the rogain. What causes shedding if you've been using it for a while? Do you think iwill be better off not using since my frontal hairline isn't thinning all that badly???

rcom440

Reaction score
JohnJohn said:
I wonder if I would have more hair more often because of the shedding if I were to just stop the rogain. What causes shedding if you've been using it for a while? Do you think iwill be better off not using since my frontal hairline isn't thinning all that badly???

use rogaine where you tinning.

JohnJohn

Reaction score
Ya but I'm trying to figure out if Rogain foam applied once at night is actually making my front hairline actually look more thin then if I don't apply it at all. Is this a possibility espcially if I miss an application every once in a while???

JohnJohn

Reaction score
No one can tell me if the extra shedding up front on my hairline will cancel any thickenss/ regrowth I get from Rogaine foam applied once before bed........ Or worse the shedding is making me more thin up front than it would be had I not been applying the Rogaine on my hairline?

Thickandthin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know if I would bother man.

I was doing the same thing from May-Sept and got no regrowth at all and a fair amount of shedding. I guess you could say it "ate my hairline" a bit.

JohnJohn

Reaction score
I keep thinking about stopping it but worry that I have regrown hair and that some of my hairline will fall out once I stop.....