Rogaine shedding makes me panic

tempo_plus

Reaction score
My hairline started to recede visibly in the last months, especially at the temples, so I started a Rogaine therapy. I'm in my fourth week now and so far the shedding had taken place only in the areas where I had applied Rogaine. But now it seems that I'm even loosing hair at the top of my head much faster than I used to. Is this normal, to lose hair at areas where no rogaine has been applied?

The hair loss at the top of my head is so fast, I doubt that it's just a coincidence, that the the herediatary hair loss at the top my head just started at the same time as I've started to apply Rogaine at the front, or if the shedding is happening all over my head.

The second explication for the hair loss at the top of my head might be the Seborrheic dermatitis that has developed as a reaction to my Rogaine use. I've recently had an appointment at the dermatologist and he gave me a foam and shampoo against that, so it should be taken care of in the next couple of weeks. But from what I understand, assuming the Seborrheic dermatitis is the reason for the hair loss, the hair lost due to Seborrheic dermatitis grows back once it's being treated? I've never had a problem like that before, so I'm certain that Rogaine is the cause for the Seborrheic dermatitis. But the hair loss is so fast, I find it hard to believe that Seborrheic dermatitis should be the reason for it. Or maybe this disease has really such a big impact on hair loss?

The thing that I don't like about the foam that the dermatologist gave me is that it contains Cortisone, which apparently also makes hairs fall out...? And also it makes me feel depressed?!