Rogaine shedding?

tommboy2

Reaction score
After reading a lot of posts lately I have been scared about continuing Rogaine foam. I am currently using 2mg of Finasteride as well as applying Rogaine foam twice a day. I am only about in week 2 of Rogaine regimen and have read posts on here about how people have shed 5 months into Rogaine usage and it has caused me to be worried that I will lose MORE hair if I start Rogaine on the hairline. Is this a possiblity that Rogain could cause extra hairloss or does it just shed your hair ONCE and then regrow thicker hairs?

PLEASE SOMEONE CLARIFY

SE-freak

Reaction score
Minoxidil responders, according to my experience reading success stories on these forums, go through an initial shedding phase. Knowing that, I was glad to realise I started shedding 2 weeks into treatment. It eventually came back impressively thicker.

The most common failure scenario with minoxidil is people getting lazy or scared of shedding and stop when they obviously respond to the drug. Imagine a follicle responding to minoxidil, spitting the old shaft and getting into a new growth cycle with increased diameter ready to produce a new thicker& more pigmented shaft, and then... treatment stops. Why? "because minoxidil makes my hair fall!". Sad...

icdalite

Established Member
Reaction score
SE- Freak I understand that sheds from minoxidil app is a good thing. But what do you have to say about sheds that never really cease month month,even after a year ?

SE-freak

Reaction score
icdalite said:
SE- Freak I understand that sheds from minoxidil app is a good thing. But what do you have to say about sheds that never really cease month month,even after a year ?

define "shed"

My understanding of a shed is 400-600 shafts per day. I cannot see how this could last for years without leaving you cue ball bald. Has this been your experience while on minoxidil treatment? continued shedding?