Rogaine shows all it's effects by month 2 of use?

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
It's 2 months for me using the foam once a day at night except for one night a week. I see some regrowth, but nothing to write home about yet. I look on my crown and can't see anything there. Does this mean what I see is what I'm going to get---- or is it possible some of the follicles need more "waking up" does before you see any kind of a stubtle? I know you need to give it about 6 months to assess it, but shouldn't all follicles that can be helped with Rogaine foam show something, even a dot, by now?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Artista said:
It's 2 months for me using the foam once a day at night except for one night a week. I see some regrowth, but nothing to write home about yet. I look on my crown and can't see anything there. Does this mean what I see is what I'm going to get---- or is it possible some of the follicles need more "waking up" does before you see any kind of a stubtle? I know you need to give it about 6 months to assess it, but shouldn't all follicles that can be helped with Rogaine foam show something, even a dot, by now?

Nope. Could take a year or more. You need to be patient. Don't try to assess progress every week or month.

G

No way, 2 months is too short. When I started minoxidil almost 3 years ago, I started to notice results at 2 months, then it just got better and better, my temples filled in nicely over the course of several more months. Hang in there buddy. The biggest problem is that ppl are not patient.

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I use it once a day at bedtime because I was told with the foam, it's fine for getting good results. I'm female, and never did start with 2% woman's Rogaine. Suprisingly, not too many women seem to use it on the female hair loss boards I frequent, which is why I hang here as well mosty lurking. Most women are afraid to try it I guess.

I still have a decent amount of hair, and due to the wavy/curly texture, the loss on the scalp isn't really noticable unless under direct light. I can't help but get some foam on my hair, and since it's dark, the foam's residue leaves it looking grayish. Can't go to work looking like that! On weekends though I do it twice if I can.