Rogaine - Still effective after how long?

alexzayne

Reaction score
If Rogaine works for someone, will it stay effective as long as it is in use or will the body develop some sorty of immunity to the drug and eventually all the hair will fall out anyway? If so, would somone perhaps know how long Rogaine usually stays effective?

And does the same go for Propecia?

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
i say theyre still always effective.

why? because surely you measure effectiveness as whether your hair would be better off or the same not using them.

of course, if you drop minoxidil or finasteride, at any point, everyone knows youre in for a big shed. which shows us that, even though 10 years or whatever down the line, they may not be growing more hair, they are still guarding against some dht (finasteride) or maintaining the hair you regrew (minoxidil).

if you put it in these terms, of course theyre still effective, because if you dropped them your hair would be worse off.

ps: i still think if you used minoxidil for 20years, and you saw now regrowth after year 2/3 or whatever, your hair will still be better than if youd never used it before. same with finasteride.

Petchsky

Reaction score
From all the reading around i have done it seems to differ. I came across one guy an a forum who had been on it over 20 years and said he still had a full head of grey hair, but then there was a guy who started to bald after 4 years and then had pictures of his transplant.

To add my own opinion i think minoxidil is generally a good product that does not lose effiacy in most, but taken as part of a regimen with a DHT blocker it is more likely to best effect for years to come.