Rogaine topical solution is killing my hair!!!!!!

richard77777

Reaction score
I have been using rogaine foam for over a month now it has been working out really well but last week i decided to try the topical solution for the first time and i have been using it for a week now. I have been shedding like crazy this week. I know shedding is very normal sign but i never shed at all when using the foam. Right now i am using the foam in the mornings and topical solution at night. I am losing way more than 100 hairs a day. I have been severly depressed when i wake up and look at all the hairs on my pillow. should i stop using the topical solution and just keep to the foam? My shedding began instantly the day i started using the topical solution

snowm

Reaction score
The same happened to me but in reverse, i used the 15% minoxidil liquid morning/night, and then changed to 5% minoxidil foam - morning and 15% minoxidil liquid - night.
I had a severe shedding when i added the foam, but about 3 months later it started looking better.

I plan to change to a foam only regime, or spectral/foam regime soon, but just for cosmetic reasons (the regular minoxidil and the 15% really mess up you hair).

Hang in there.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
richard77777 said:
I have been using rogaine foam for over a month now it has been working out really well but last week i decided to try the topical solution for the first time and i have been using it for a week now. I have been shedding like crazy this week. I know shedding is very normal sign but i never shed at all when using the foam. Right now i am using the foam in the mornings and topical solution at night. I am losing way more than 100 hairs a day. I have been severly depressed when i wake up and look at all the hairs on my pillow. should i stop using the topical solution and just keep to the foam? My shedding began instantly the day i started using the topical solution

so you're basically saying that after a months foam use you added the liquid version? its nothign to do with the liquid,youre just having the rogaine foam shed,mine kicked in at the same time,if i was you id just use the foam and ride it out cos youll see good results