roxithromycin

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
heres a website selling cheap roxithromycin in pill form
-http://www.alldaychemist.com/drugs/Rulide.html

Do you all think dumping some of this into a bottle of minoxidil would have any effect?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a good question. I got excited about Roxithromycin recently and made up a batch.
I purchased the PDF of the Japanese study. They said that the tested solution was:
The RXM lotion contained 0.5% RXM, 65% ethyl alcohol,
5% propylene glycol, and 29.5% distilled water.

So, I approximated that with
1oz dropper bottle
.9oz vodka
.1oz proplyene glycol
150mg Roxithromycin

I'm just starting now, so we'll see.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
I havent seen the study, so would you be kind enough to let us know what the results of the study were?

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
There were 13 patients who received roxithromycin. 7 of them improved. 1 greatly improved, 4 moderately improved, and 2 slightly improved. Nobody in the placebo group improved at all.

Here's the conclusion section from the study. Not sure where all the weird characters came from. I think the forum didn't like my copy and paste job:

Clinical eVects and safety of topically applied RXM
on hair restoration in Androgenetic Alopecia
A total of 24 patients were enrolled in the study. Baseline
characteristics of enrolled patients were not signiWcantly
diVerent between the two treatment groups and are summa-
rized in Table1.
Global photographic assessment
At 24weeks, 7 out of 13 patients (58%) in RXM group
demonstrated improvement relative to baseline in global
photographic assessment. In detail, the patients with greatly
improved, improved and slightly improved hair restoration
were 7, 34 and 17%, respectively (Fig. 4a). The rest (42%)
did not show the restoration eVect (no change or
progression of hair loss). On the other hand, none showed
improvement in the control group (n=11). Vertex global
photographic assessment scores at 24weeks were 2.08
§
1.03 and 0.09 for RXM-treated and control patients, respec-
tively (P<0.01). Representative global photographs of
patients rated as having increased hair growth (RXM) or
deterioration (placebo) at 24weeks are shown in Fig. 4b.
Assessment of hair shaft thickness
The hair shaft thickness was signiWcantly increased after
24weeks (86.8

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
This is just retarded. I cannot believe that I'm getting side effects from this too.

I'm beginning to wonder if all the years of pouring things onto my head has somehow sensitized my skin, or made my blood vessels more likely to absorb, or even increased the amount of blood vessels... because seriously, I've used this Roxithromycin topical for 3 days and I feel whack. It's a completely distinct feeling from the sides from other drugs. Almost like a tension in my head and dizziness. I just feel generally looped.

ryand2

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats unfortunate, but do you think you'll continue with it? I'm still trying to decide if its worth picking some up, based off that study it seems like there is a decent chance for some improvement.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
I think I'm done with it for now. I may give it another try to make sure it wasn't a fluke.
I'd recommend giving it a go though. I seem to be way more sensitive to things these days than the average person. There's a good chance you'll have no problems.

chrome

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb,

Before you give up completely i ws just wondering if its worth applying everyday for just 8 days then leave it for 6 months as suggested by this old topical anti-biotic patent for hair growth...or even add the other ingredients mentioned ?

cheers, chrome

United States Patent 5753713 - Method for promoting hair growth (05/19/1998)
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5753713.html

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
The present invention is a composition intended for the topical application to human skin, comprising
(1) an antibiotic medication such as penicillin VK (Rugby), doxycycline (Rugby) or erythrocin (Abbott Laboratories); and
(2) an antihistamine such as bromohenivamine (Schein), Chlorpromazine (Schein), diphenylhydramine hydrochloride (Parke-Davis), chlorpheniramine malate, chlorpromazine malate, and bromopheniramine.
Certain embodiments of the invention may also contain (3) an antiinflammatory medication such as aspirin (Goldline), hydrocortisone cream (Rugby), hydrocortisone powder (Parma-Tek Inc.) and hydrocortisone acetate injectable (Merck Sharp & Dohme), and/or (4) a bactericide combination of neomycin/bactracine/polymyxin B sulfate.

Penicillin has been a widely prescribed antibiotic composition since the 1930's.
Diphenylhydramine is marketed in the United States under the name BENADRYLtm.
Hydrocortisone is marketed in the United States under the name HYDROSKINtm.
The bactericide combination of neomycin/bactracine/polymyxin B sulfate is marketed in the United States under the name BACTINEtm.

The inventor has surprisingly found that this combination of ingredients produces remarkable effects in treating fungal and/or bacterial infections in humans and in promoting human hair growth.

Turning to the use of the present invention for hair growth, the present inventor has concluded that hair growth compositions seem to work by stimulating blood flow and require constant application. This suggests that whatever hair growth results is forced growth. In other words, an increased blood flow provides more nourishment for hair growth than occurred before the application of these compositions. Further, such compositions offer only limited success and only with a limited class of users.

But with the composition of the present invention, one or more applications will grow hair in about eight weeks. Further, since no maintenance applications are required, the present inventor infers that the hair growth is not forced hair growth. Since the hair growth continues, even without further applications, for six months or more, the present inventor believes that the cause of such growth is an increase in nutrients which results in greater hair growth, rather than greater blood flow. The present inventor concludes that some forms of hair loss may be caused by infection(s) in the area of the hair follicle. The composition of the present invention reduces or kills such infection(s).

On the other hand, the infection(s) seem to return after a period of six months or more. Accordingly, new applications of the inventive composition are needed to maintain the hair.

chrome

Established Member
Reaction score
jakeb,

Out of interest, what was the title of the Japanese study ?

cheers, chrome.