Rsxtremespeed's Story

RsxtremeSpeed

Reaction score
Hello to all who read and reply to this post. Well here is a little information about myself. I am a 23 year old African American male. I first started to notice my hairloss after my barber told me I was thinning up top about 6 months ago. I went to the Derm and got some Propeica but didnt start using it until last month. The reason I didnt start right away was because I was scared about the sexual side effects, Plus I thought it was just stress lol. Well last month I started to take propecia and i didnt have any sexual side effects yet thank god :). Also i started washing my hair with nizoral 1% shampoo today. I am very cautious about what I do to my hair seeing I have so called good/wavy hair. But it is starting to bother me that my front is thinning so it doesnt match my wave pattern anymore. But i have decided to post on here to let everyone know my problem and get some advice about starting minoxidil foam. Please dont flame and please reply with some advice. Thank you for all of your time!!!!!

img043.jpg
[/img]

barcafan

Reaction score
I can see a bit of thinning nothing too bad at all. Stay on nizoral and propecia and i *think* you should be fine. Plus you're black so you can shave your head (or cut it really really short) and most likely look good, lol.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i see the thinning but you will need to take better pictures to get a bettter evaluation of you situation ,it dosent look too bad you shoud definitlly stick to the propecia and nizoral
weather you want to start the foam or not depends on how much it bothers you b/c finasteride proboably wont give you alot of regrowth
you should also change the title of the post(read the sticky)
good luck and welcome

G

To be totally honest with you, I can't see the thinning... I'm sure your barber knew what he was talking about so there must be some thinning there, but it's definitely nothing too dramatic. Try the finasteride for starters, if it works for you I think that's all you need.

EDIT: Damn you afro-americans are lucky to have such a great thick hair! Isn't shaving very much in for the blacks anyway? :wink:

RsxtremeSpeed

Reaction score
Thank you all for your replys. I will take better pics from different angles so it is more clear about my situation. Haha yes most blacks just shave their heads but I am not one of them I like my wavy hair :)... I will hold off on the minoxidil for 1 month and if the situation doesnt get better i will give that a shoot. Thanks again...

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, give finasteride and nizoral full year then reevaluate your position. If you want to add minoxidil, at least then you have given the other 2 a good course. IMO, your hair doesn't look too bad at all