Ru, Oc, Minoxidil And Other Treatments.....

PappaMoon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wanted to give some feedback here on my experiences with hair loss products.

Used finasteride for about 10 years and had to quit due to sides which included; brain fog, anxiety, acne, and eye floaters, no sexual dysfunction fortunately. My body went through some sort of withdrawal after stopping and has not yet 100% recovered, this included severe fatigue, anxiety disorder, depression, horrible sleep disruption and memory problems.

Used Dutasteride (dr. reddy's Dutas) orally for about 3 months, developed ulcerative colitis because of it which has since stopped, but other stomach issues still persist.

Tried OC in K&B solution (1%) from Kane for about 1 week, this caused heart palpitations and some issues sleeping. It did help with the itch.

Tried RU 3% in K&B solution from Kane for 3 days, this caused severe head pain while lifting weights and horrible insomnia that lasted over 1 week after stopping. Too little time to notice any benefits.

Used minoxidil foam 5% (kirkland) for over 8 months (3 years after quitting finasteride). This was a huge mistake, worst product I've used, went from a NWII to a NWIII and still losing. Never gained one single hair, didn't stop hair loss at all and caused a horrible itch, what a complete joke.

As you can see all of these BS treatment options are not without side effects, however, propecia and dutasteride did help me keep most of my hair, it never regrew the hair lost prior to use at the temples. Interestingly though, the only time I experienced any good growth at the temples occurred approximately 2 years after quitting propecia, it was like all my hormones were in some sweet spot for hair growth and the itch was gone. These gains were short lived though and then the itch returned and the hair started falling out again.

Right now I'm trying topical dutasteride in aloe, if any of the previous oral side effects return I'll stop use and try going the PGD2 inhibitor route with either TM or setipiprant.

I'll let you guys know if I experience any success with this, or any other treatments I try.

Good luck brothers.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
where are you getting topical dutasteride and how are you sure it's getting to the follicles?

PappaMoon

My Regimen
Reaction score
getting the gel capsules from !n-house ph@rm@cy and mixing 1 of them in about 15ml of aloe, leaving on wet hair for about 5 mins every other day. Keep in mind, Dutasteride is extremely potent and has a long half life.
Dutasteride is readily absorbed into the skin and right into the bloodstream, studies have proven this.
This method has been tried before by other users and confirmed to cause side effects similar to oral, but since I can't handle the oral due to stomach irritation I'm hoping this works better.
My goal is to just keep the hair I have until something else better comes along.