Ru Shedding? Is This Normal? Will It Rebound?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
2 months in and about two weeks of a huge shed. Hair quality declined a bit as well. Anyone have experience with this? I’m only using 50mg once per day in stemoxydyne base. Should I up the dose?

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If I remember I had a big shed when I first started finasteride, it lasted a week or two. If RU behaves the same way it should be a good sign - i found that after the first few weeks I barely lost any hair at all

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems to be much less heard-of than Finasteride shedding. Are you on any other treatments? You may even be the lucky one who responds to RU.... from majority of the previous posts I gathered most users find little if any impact at all. I personally noticed absolutely nothing at all from 9 months of RU application, but this was additional to Finasteride+Minoxidil+Microneedling.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU has a short half life so you may consider using twice a day. Maybe up the dose 20-30 mg and split it in half am/pm.

Buzz Baldrin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with Cue Bald.
Shedding is a great sign when starting treatments.
I shed quite a lot when starting finasteride. Did not shed so much when using ru58841 (but was already on finasteride back then).
My hair was so short back then so maybe there was some shedding that went off the radar.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still thinning rapidly with some noticeable front recession.

How long should 10g of RU powder last at a normal dose?

Bagels

Established Member
Reaction score
I had this too. Can never be sure if you're

a) losing ground

b) getting a regrowth shed cycle

c) getting worse because of the topical

At this point, probably worth just waiting it out. Btw I tried RU consistently for like 9 + months and still lost lots of ground until adding dutasteride

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had this too. Can never be sure if you're

a) losing ground

b) getting a regrowth shed cycle

c) getting worse because of the topical

At this point, probably worth just waiting it out. Btw I tried RU consistently for like 9 + months and still lost lots of ground until adding dutasteride

How long did you use dutasteride for? How effective was it? Did you use the standard 0.5 mg a day?