RU58841 - Looks positive after 4 months use

m0rpheus

Reaction score
OK been on RU58841 since early February09. I have been on Propecia for 4+ years. I have been having sexual sides with Propecia.

October 2008 I started laser therapy with 90 diodes and lowered my Proepcia dose to 0.5MG a day. February I lowered my dose again to 0.25MG and started RU58841.

The first 2 months of RU it felt like my hair shed a bit. Now it seems thicker then ever and a few new little baby hairs showing up.

I have been taken pictures but I will wait till end of June till I check out the difference.

Dont get to excited about this guys as it is still early days. The good thing is I have not changed my hairloss attack since Oct08 when I started lasering so for this to happen one would assume would be the RU. I have lower my Propecia dose but that could of only made things worse not better so I am a positive position I believe.

Cheers

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well Done.

How much is RU costing you annually?

m0rpheus

Reaction score
$430US for 10Grams. So it works out about $43US per Gram. Wow I didnt realise I was spending that much.

Anyway I mix 1G in 20ML of minoxidil to make a 5% solution. Store in fridge. Those who say it does not mix with minoxidil look to be wrong.

Also the other thing is it could be the laser treatment I started in October causing the growth I dunno. Thats the only 2 varibles.

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I have two or three questions:

a) How do you apply RU58841? Just on the affected (i.e. bald) areas or on your entire scalp? How many times a day?

b) How did you find out about it and where do you buy it?

b) Is there any chance this will be sold in the US or in Europe?

Boondock

Reaction score
How long do you expect the 10 grams to last? Also, did you order it from Eagle Labs or somewhere else?

m0rpheus

Reaction score
I use 1.2ml to 1.4ml per day. I have long curly hair and I find that is enough for most liquid topicals.

So on a quick guess it would take about 25G to last a year. About $900US

Its $30 per gram then $130 for shipping. Yes shipping is a rip of.

I apply to the complete top of my head.

beaner

Reaction score
I don't think anyone said RU doesn't mix with minoxidil but I think people are afraid to mix RU with anything because the stuff is supposedly very unstable and no one's sure if it will retain it's effectiveness if mixed with another chemical.

Were you using minoxidil prior to making this RU mixture?

beaner

Reaction score
m0rpheus said:
Yes beaner. Same 5% minoxidil solution been using for a couple of years so know its not that!

Good news then! I was hoping that was going to be your answer. All to often folks start 2-3 treatments at once and believe that the least likely one is doing the trick.

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm very interested in RU58841 as well; there was an old post that I think people MIGHT find interesting.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=42654&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

This is regarding mixing RU58841. It seems that body builders would know a lot about this - there's information about molecular weight and all that. Should be a good read?