RU58841 Redux--Questions for Regimen

hairah

Reaction score
I've maintained my hair pretty well with Super Zix w/Azelaic Acid for the past 15 months, but now I'm going to go on Testosterone, which will probably increase my T levels by 100% or more. It's very possible that this large increase in T will overwhelm the ability of Super Zix to fight DHT, so my plan is to go on the strongest possible topical anti-androgen, RU58841.

I've read through many posts concerning this drug, but the information is too fragmented and incomplete to put together a regimen. So here goes a shitload of questions.

I'm looking for exact measurements and precise mixing instructions. I've gathered that an RU solution can be mixed in 50% propylene glycol and 50% ethanol, and that batches can be 40 mL. Is this 40 mL in for the total batch or just 40 mL of RU? I know that we have to buy 10 grams of RU at a time, so how do grams translate to mLs? How much PPG & ethanol should be used per gram or mL of RU? How are the ingredients mixed? What tools should be used? Should mixed RU be stored differently than dry RU? How dark does the room in which you mix have to be (obviously you need a certain amount of light to do anything)?

Which is better, a 2.5% solution, 3%, or 5%? Is oleic acid a viable alternative to ethanol? What is descicator sand and how is it used? Where can one buy "airtight" or "double" bottles, and what are they made of?

J3Nate has an alternative RU concoction as follows:
2.5 grams RU
10 mL PPG
35 mL alcohol (not sure what kind)
5 mL distilled water

Is this mix as good as the more basic one of just RU, PPG, and ethanol?

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CCS

Reaction score
you measure the RU by dividing the 5gram bag into 5ths.

the liquids are experimental. I suggest 2% instead of 5%, unless you are rich.

hairah

Reaction score
So we should use 1 gram of Ru per batch? If so, for a 2% solution and a 50/50 mix of PPG and ethanol, how much of the PPG and ethanol should be used?

CCS

Reaction score
I told you it is experimental. Do what they did, or mix it how you want. And don't sweat the RU volume, just the weight, as guessed from the proportion of the 2 5gram bag.

hairah

Reaction score
What I'll do is use 20 mL each of PPG and ethanol, although I don't see how this translates into an RU percentage, since we're comparing apples and oranges (weight vs. volume). One thing I'm not sure about: how little light must be on when mixing the RU? Past threads have emphasized the importance of keeping the RU away from light, but just how much light is harmful?

CCS

Reaction score
I think my website explains percentages.

hairah

Reaction score
Very helpful stuff. I'm going to buy the main ingredients, and in the meantime if anyone can explain the use of dessicator sand, I'd appreciate it.