ruffles's story - (About to be 21. Told I was receding)

ruffles

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. So here's my story. I wasn't really told, more like name called behind my back. :( A co-worker called me a "receding hairline douchebag" on her Xanga and I began to panic. I really paid no attention to whether or not I'm receding and this was the first time someone had said anything about my hair. So I took some pics the other day. How bad is it? Was my co-worker right or was she just being mean? Thanks!

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

A few months ago
l_efa402d4de44f2357eaf57fb68ea6657.jpg

Here are a few from 2 years ago.

04-19-06022.jpg

696418694_l.jpg

IBM

Reaction score
Re: About to be 21. Told I was receding

Start finasteride and minoxidil right now. It's the wisest thing you can do right now.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Whats a Xanga?

ruffles, your hair looks fine, you are starting to receed but its only very slight, from looking at your before pics you look like your starting to mature from a teen into a man so expect some changes.

As for the co-worker, I would just ignore her, she shounds like a douchebag herself!

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

definitely some recession going on. i'm surprised she noticed though, i'm betting she has male relatives balding/bald to be able to pick up on it.

ruffles

Reaction score

Xanga is a web blog.
Yeah, she noticed. She maybe spends a little too much time looking at people's hair.

So what should I do? I don't really want to take a pill. I know of the Big 3. Maybe I will try minoxidil . What's a good DHT inhibitor other than Propecia and that's not a pill?
I still have lots of hair and my crown's not too bad. I just wanna keep what I have for a long time and stop the receding.

s.a.f

Reaction score

For all you know your hair may never get any worse. I certainly would'nt spot you as balding. Your hair looks pretty ordinary to me. Tell the b**ch you can see she's getting wrinkles.

ruffles

Reaction score

LOL.
The thing is my dad is bald. He's a Norwood 6. All his brothers are like that too and my late 20 and 30 year old cousins are balding. So yeah, I'm sure I will too.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys But I can definitely See some recession, his temples and his frontal hairline, I'd start rogaine in your situation, Maybe finasteride as well. It's not real bad though, The girl was just being a b**ch, pay no mind to her.

aussie

Reaction score
Yeah it doesnt look too bad to me, actually wish mine was that good :mrgreen:

Tell the b**ch to lose a few pounds, even if she's not overweight chicks always think they're fat :youbet: lol

ruffles

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys. Since it's very mixed opinions I think I'll go see a doctor. Though I think I'm even more convinced I am receding.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea probably the best thing to do mate, although In my case my doctor told me I was too young to have male pattern baldness, so he wasn't exactly informed on the hairloss situation. It isn't considered something harmful, Physically at least so a lot of doctors have no idea what exactly the beginning signs are.Unless they themselves have gone through it.
My doctor didn't know what propecia was either nor did my dermatologist for that matter, he had to look it up in a medical journal before subscribing it to me. But the dermatologist did confirm to me that it was male pattern baldness.

If you do decide to get on propecia and you are going the doctor route, it might not hurt to get some baseline testosterone tests done before you start, and a month or so after you've begun, see how much of an effect it's having on your system. Although if it is effecting your system enough You most likely won't need a test to tell you that.
Mainly I would do it it simply so if you do experience sides, and get off propecia, you can compare your testosterone levels to before and after and see if after being off propecia for awhile everything goes back to normal. Some people have said things never go back to normal after experiencing sides, But for some of them I imagine it's all in their head.

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
What you really need to do is find out why she called you a douchebag. Today is Tuesday. On Thursday walk up to her and rub her back a little and say in your deepest voice, "Wendy, I am willing to work through our differences if you are." And then breathe in really deep and say, almost in a whisper, "I won't tell anyone your hair smells like tuna." And then casually walk away. Works every time.

ruffles

Reaction score
LOL, PersonGuy.
Well, I made an appointment with a doctor for May 9th. :) Wish me luck. I'll keep you all posted.