Ryan's Hair loss story

RF102

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to share my story with you guys and maybe get some tips on combating my hair loss. My whole life I've had a pretty thick head of hair and never thought I would ever have to worry about my hair thinning out or even worse my hair line receding. I'm 21 now and after 3 years of my hairline slowly but surely receding and also the crown area becoming noticeably thin, I decided to take action.

After reading online about different hair loss solutions I figured I would get a prescription to finasteride to maintain what I already have and possibly grow my hair back since I felt I had nothing to lose. That idea was thrown out the window because my doctor refused to prescribe me it due to the potential side-effects and my age. He told me to try Rogaine foam, so that I went out and bought a 3 month supply. I'm currently at the 2 month mark and i'm very happy with what I see so far. I've had pretty noticeable regrowth in my temples but I haven't seen much of an improvement in the crown area. I thought it would be the other way around..I'm hoping the crown area eventually fills out with my dedicated use of Rogaine twice a day. I also have been using a Ketoconazal shampoo from Perfect Image Solutions.

If you guys have any recommendations or any tips I'd appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to read my stroy.

Here are the photos my first day of Rogaine and my last(2 month mark):

(by the way, sorry about the poor quality of the first 3 pictures. They were from my old phone.)

Attachments

• 10-7right.jpg
    10-7right.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 10-7left.jpg
    10-7left.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 266
  • 10-7crown.jpg
    10-7crown.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 11-30right.jpg
    11-30right.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 11-30left.jpg
    11-30left.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 235
  • 11-30crown.jpg
    11-30crown.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 255

RF102

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I agree that finasteride might be something i have to add to my regimen in the future. I want to see how far Rogaine can take me first. I'm hoping i'll be lucky enough to avoid finasteride but who knows..

sylent

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks like very early male pattern baldness with slight ministurization. I'd rather let one of the more experienced posters help you, but I think you can save most of it if you get on the big 3 pretty soon.

Btw, for your peace of mind, at this point nobody but you and other Norwood spotters (bald/balding guys) would even notice your recession. To women, youre a guy with a full head of hair, not close to being a bald/balding guy. Dont worry about other people noticing it, youre vastly in the clear for now.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks like the crown might be starting to thin, not sure about the hairline. Can you post a pic of it from a little further away and not so up close?

Your doctor is right about the potential side effects, but a lot of drugs have dangerous side effects. I think a lot of doctors are reluctant to prescribe Propecia is because it's for "cosmetic purposes". Although the psychological implication hair loss seems to have on some people is far more than cosmetic, but whatever, doctor's know best right?

In any case, minoxidil will not prevent you from losing your native hair, you need to finasteride to stop further loss and keep what you have. My suggestion is go see another doctor, preferably a dermatologist or order online. Although, I would consider the latter as a last resort option.

danedwards2

Reaction score
it's too early for you to experience hair loss at 21. i'm more than 30 years old and i think my hair fall is noticeably excessive. i'm happy to find this forum in the web. i hope this community can help us combat our problem.

Naltima

Established Member
Reaction score
danedwards2 said:
it's too early for you to experience hair loss at 21.

I'm not sure if you're being sympathetic or you're suggesting that it's not possible to start losing hair at 21. If it's the latter then, that's not right. Some man can even experience the beginning of male pattern baldness after they hit puberty. It's rare, but it has happened.

RF102

Reaction score
Naltima said:
It looks like the crown might be starting to thin, not sure about the hairline. Can you post a pic of it from a little further away and not so up close?

Here's a couple pics from further away. My hair loss is a lot clearer here.

Attachments

• left12-2.jpg
    left12-2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 233
  • right12-2.jpg
    right12-2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 212

RF102

Reaction score
7-25-12front.jpg084.jpg086.jpg087.jpg090.jpg
Here are some updated pics. It has been about 9.5 months i think since i started my treatment of rogaine twice a day and keto shampoo. I had some regrowth, but i also had a lot of recession in the hairline. Also, I have been taking these herbal pills for hair loss i found on amazon for about 5 months but i dont think they've had any effect. I finally decided to start finasteride in my regimen.
My order of finpecia came in today from inhousepharmacy. Hope this stuff is legit and gets me some good results. I'll do monthly picture updates.

JohnnyBBald

Reaction score
yea good call, minoxidil won't do much for the hairline. I started Finpecia from Inhouse at the beginning of this month, let's see if we have some success. Did you get 1mg or 5mg?? No side effects here. Keep us updated!!