Ryan's Story. (no flaming please.)

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair-line has receded to maybe a Norwood 2-2.3, or hasn't gone past the ears. Started losing-ground when I hit 17ish, the middle of last year the middle tuft of my hair-line started to collapse for a short while.

Unfortunately , I sank into a depressed state of mind, while realizing the fact that I was losing a battle to my own body, which seemed staggering and alarming. Knowing it was healthy and vigorous at one time but, deteriorates abruptly at another? It doesn't seem at all natural because the body grew it out at one point, so in turn it must serve a purpose. And also to note, when it starts; it seems to have a runaway effect. It just doesn't seem at all logical.

I think two summers ago I buzzed my head to the bone, revealing my roots as it seemed to be a little narrowed at the front, maybe just a tad. It was a fly-by observation as it wasn't very apparent at that time. So one evening I was with my friend we smoked some pot, and he made a real daunting, blunt, insensitive remark about my hair-line. He goes shamelessly, "Hey dude it looks like your hair is receding, YOUR'RE becoming like an old man. And your only 17." He made that comment right after I hit the bong. if anyone knows what the weed does -- is make you really paranoid. So it amplified the comments. And it sure hurt, right to the gut. Just knowing he has no clue how selfish, arrogant, and damaging his words exemplify. He looked straight at me, and I looked straight back at him, in shock of what he says
totally of guard... I immediately put both of my palms at my receding hair-line to cover it up, revealing none of my head. Then I was thinking to myself, many different feelings, thoughts, scenarios, like if he in turn had my position I would never point it out, nor would I give a stare. Because I'm loyal and non-confrontational, and also the fact that I care about people in general. But, I'm getting side tracked.

You know that some subjects such as this are very touchy, and people seem to understand that, but, a friend that I've known since sixth grade says this to me? Of all people he, has to bluntly point this out like he's condemning and condoning the fact of the matter. Making me feel totally vulnerable and filled with despair, and sorrow, you know the feeling of absent warmth like almost in the literal sense.

Meanwhile, other problems were currently torturing me, like Acne for instance, so I was regularly visiting a "Natural Path", Doctor, to initially solve my scars, breakouts and the like. She prescribed bogus herbal medicine that did minimal effect if that. Then the hair-loss became rapidly apparent, started seeing miniaturized hairs all along the hair-line.

So later in december 2006 I was frantic and restless about the issue. I knew I wasn't gonna let this s hit go and win. I wanted to find any possible
information regarding the science and treatment of hair-loss. so recently I've since then started the "big 3" or "advanced 3" as I think of it personally and haven't looked back. My overall confidence level is resurrecting from the dead as well as my hair follicles.

A tip: the most important thing always to remember when engaging in the
hair-loss field is to make sure the product has scientific backing or medical evidence. Or simply FDA approved.

I just want to give a complement to the guys here at Hairlosstalk.com Forum, I can't express myself enough that you guys really saved my confidence and overall optimism towards things. I appreciate the information shared here.

I'm going to post pictures of my results soon, though, I don't personally own a camera, my mother owns a digital one and I took pictures with it, right before treatment exposing my untampered hairline. and I have pictures on my other computer's hard-drive when I was about 15 sitting at a granite table, with a buzzed haircut sporting a full hair-line. It was a almost straight across. I will dig that picture up as well.

Stay tuned if you are interested.
(sorry for grammar or spelling mistakes, I was stoned when I wrote this.

Dan_NW2

Reaction score
And never..ever..make crude remarks about someones hair, hairline etc. I dont get off on this. Your friend shall "get his" as the say... Good story buddy!

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are some crude remarks your friend made. Of my friends I've never heard anything rude like the comments your friend said come out of my friends mouths. Your friend will get whats coming to him and never know down the road he may pass you up in the hairloss game. Best of luck!

-Pologuy

plusryan

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, about my "Friend" in the last year he's gotten a suspected D.U.I, License revoked for a year, no high-school diploma and he's a half a month older than me. We're both 19, And I'm studying to be a game-designer while he still stuck trying to get his GED if that. So, do I believe in karma? You bet your buttox I do.

And to top it all off, he's driving himself into alcoholism and a pot-head. Even though I too am guilty of hitting the ganja.