S.A.F 18 months post op repair pics

G

Hi guys,

I don't post here a great deal but my man s.a.f does and i thought you would all be interested to see his pics/info :)

Many of you know the legend s.a.f sfor his honesty and quick witt - - He is a long time poster on various forums and has helped many guys gain accurate info - He is a hair transplant veteran of 5/6 years previously receiving 4 surgeries in the UK at different clinics then ended up travelling to New York to see Dr Feller for a repair session. He was left with very limited donor to get at and was left with very poor unnatural appearance on top from his previous surgeries <_< .

Dr Feller was only able to harvest 2898 grafts at the time because of the previous damage and scaring caused. S.a.f recently returned to Dr Feller again to have yet another session to add even more and make full use of his limited donor supply - to allow him to achieve the max result possible.

Dr Feller harvested 2300 approx grafts TODAY - and removed as much previous scaring as possible I believe.

Congrats s.a.f so far and if the result from your last session with Doctor Feller which can be seen below is anything to go by you are going to to be giving Hasslehoff a run for his money after this recent session comes in fully and has had chance to mature - congrats mate!!!!

Pre op Dr Feller

index.jpg

index2.jpg

immed pst op feller 2898 grafts

index3.jpg

18 months post op Feller comparison

saf-1.jpg

saf11.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

All the best to everyone and remember - Research, Research, Research :)

Aplunk1

Reaction score
s.a.f. is a great guy, and I honestly look forward to his posts. Yeah, I think that 2300 more grafts will really add a lot of density, especially because they're distributed so well-- plus, Dr. Feller is a man who gets good yield/results with fewer grafts.

Also, I didn't think it would be possible for s.a.f. to get that many considering his other surgeries, but all the better!

Happy growing, s.a.f.. Hope you're happy with the results and can live a more normal life now. :)

Optimist

Established Member
Reaction score
If he gets more grafts he should have them all placed in the front to thinken and lower the hairline. He has a big improvement but is still very thin.

sphlanx2006

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Are there any grafts left in your donor area s.a.f?

Although you look good now, i think with some extra grafts you could have a great result!

Anyway congratulations, these results look preety good.

Lucky_UK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey spex, Nice to see you here, All the best with the twins!!

Yeah s.a.f. has a lot of friends here, top man! All the best s.a.f.!!!

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
marked improvement! SAF<---- awesome guy!

G

s.a.f.

The post-op 18 month pics are great. I especially like the side view which shows a nice illusion of volume. Can't wait to see the matured results on the next one!

s.a.f

Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
Hey SAF,

Have you had any further regrowth or hair transplant's after this??
Those pics were taken nearly 5 months ago at Dr Fellers clinic, about 20mins before I had my last hair transplant. I got another 2100 grafts that were placed in the temples, down the centre of my head and slightly back into the crown to thicken up what I already have and to try and make the crown area smaller.
BTW Dr Feller combed my hair flat like that, I usually have it all brushed back which I think gives better coverage.

dd11856

Established Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me SAF. How much density have the further 2100 grafts added thus far?

s.a.f

Reaction score
Hard to tell at this stage but I'm hoping for 30+%.

bigmac

Reaction score
Hi Saf

Wishing you all the best and i hope the result turns out better than expected for you.

I trust you will keep us all updated as i keep poppingon here to read your posts.

Good growth to you mate.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Those pics were taken nearly 5 months ago at Dr Fellers clinic, about 20mins before I had my last hair transplant. I got another 2100 grafts that were placed in the temples, down the centre of my head and slightly back into the crown to thicken up what I already have and to try and make the crown area smaller.
BTW Dr Feller combed my hair flat like that, I usually have it all brushed back which I think gives better coverage.

Do you have follow ups then?

How many total hair transplant's and grafts have you had and what did you start with?

s.a.f

Reaction score
I have'nt bothered with any follow up pics as its only been growing less than 2 months. I'll probably wait until I'm 12months post op.
I've had 5 hair transplant's, 3 crap ones in the UK, the first resulted in a pluggy thin hairline, the 2nd produced zero growth and the 3rd gave me a few dolls hair type plugs in the mid vertex area. When I went to Dr Feller he estimated I had about 900 grafts on my head (I'd been charged for 5000!) The first op I had with him was for 2890 grafts and the results of that are basicly what you see in these photo's. So all in all lets call it (what you see in the photo's) about 4000 grafts on a NW6 head.
The last procedure was for another 2100 grafts. I'll try and get the immeadiatly post op pics up on here.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I have'nt bothered with any follow up pics as its only been growing less than 2 months. I'll probably wait until I'm 12months post op.
I've had 5 hair transplant's, 3 crap ones in the UK, the first resulted in a pluggy thin hairline, the 2nd produced zero growth and the 3rd gave me a few dolls hair type plugs in the mid vertex area. When I went to Dr Feller he estimated I had about 900 grafts on my head (I'd been charged for 5000!) The first op I had with him was for 2890 grafts and the results of that are basicly what you see in these photo's. So all in all lets call it (what you see in the photo's) about 4000 grafts on a NW6 head.
The last procedure was for another 2100 grafts. I'll try and get the immeadiatly post op pics up on here.

Does he do BHT and FUE's?

Yeah so let it grow out, definitely want to see.

Could it be they did thousands and only 900 "took?"

s.a.f

Reaction score
He does FUE, he experimented with BHT a few years ago (doing it for free) but the results were inconclusive so he scrapped it as he could'nt garantee that it always worked.
As for the UK clinics there was definatly no way that they did more than a few 100 each time. But I was'nt to know because I had no experience. It was only when I went to a real surgeon that I saw the difference.
In the UK there was only a tiny area worked on and the density of the grafts was pathetic (placed about 3/4 mm apart.
The strip scars (although horiffic) were only short, and the ops themselves only lasted 4/5 hrs.
This is all pretty standard for UK clinics they have no ethics at all and are run by con men.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
He does FUE, he experimented with BHT a few years ago (doing it for free) but the results were inconclusive so he scrapped it as he could'nt garantee that it always worked.
As for the UK clinics there was definatly no way that they did more than a few 100 each time. But I was'nt to know because I had no experience. It was only when I went to a real surgeon that I saw the difference.
In the UK there was only a tiny area worked on and the density of the grafts was pathetic (placed about 3/4 mm apart.
The strip scars (although horiffic) were only short, and the ops themselves only lasted 4/5 hrs.
This is all pretty standard for UK clinics they have no ethics at all and are run by con men.

I always wonder if BHT would work if someone wanted to keep the hair very short. I know it says BH won't grow like regular hair and if you want a normal haircut, then it's no good. But if you want to buzz id down to 1/2 inch wouldn't body hair be just as gine?

Sucks that it's not regulated over there. Plenty of conmen in the US with this stuff too though.

G

s.a.f.,

Well I am definitely looking forward to your one year pics because this recent procedure you had can only make things look even better. You have already had great improvement. :)

I always recommend patients to require to be shown the exact graft count broken into single, doubles, etc grafts, and where they are being placed. The staff is required to chart this information anyway so you're only asking for something they are supposed to be doing.

Back when you had your initial procedures, most of the clinics did not disclose any of this.

Happy Growth!