s Story - (19 /losing hair all over head! Why? PICS)

enj0i89

Reaction score
Im losing hair all over my head. on the sides AND the back??? im on this steroid liquid thing my dermatologist gave me three months ago (apply two weeks take a break for two weeks, start over) and biotin once a day. When i went to the dermatologist they couldn't really see any hair loss. MY father has full thick hair, grandpa is kinda of bald but he didn't start losing his hair until his late 30's. AND IM ONLY 19! i read somewhere that it could be stress. I starting losing my hair sept 2009. And yea that summer i was stressing very very much cause i though i had cancer, but thank god i don't. So i figured that the first few months of my hair loss was just stress related and it would stop soon. But now its going to be a year! and i am still losing hair constantly! i just cut my hair pretty short, and after i take i shower i can see right through my hair and see my scalp. on top, on the sides, and in the back. I just don't understand :/ and even when im under a bright light you can see right through my hair,again on the top side and back.. I don't really have a receding hair line. Im just losing it everywhere on my head. I also had blood tests done and everything came out okay, so it isn't lack of iron or anything. Does anyone know whats going on??? or ever experienced this?? Im from Berlin, New Hampshire if you know any good dermatologist can you please let me know thank you.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: 19 year old losing hair all over head! why?? (my story)

I dont see any hairloss....Anyway most of us here have Androgenic Alopecia and wouldn't be able to help someone who doesn't show any signs of it.Do what your derm tells you and you'll be fine.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Re: 19 year old losing hair all over head! why?? (my story)

Interesting.

Has there been any sign of recession at the front or anything?

enj0i89

Reaction score
Re: Enj0i89's Story - (19 /losing hair all over head! Why? PICS)

not reallyy. if anything its a really small recession but i think it was always there...

:/
btw those photos were taken today

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

hair looks thick which is good, but what about ur temple points? look a bit receded to me, i would keep an eye on it, other than that, good hair!

Axl_Rose

Established Member
Reaction score

patrik said:
but what about ur temple points? look a bit receded to me,

You have got to be kidding me.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score

I see no loss whatsoever.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

Axl_Rose said:
patrik said:

no no, hear me out. if u look at this second and fourth pic especially ull notice that the middle of his hairline does not connect to the temple points which would form a straight line, and i can tell even though his hair is pushed down. yes its normal for men i know, but he has receded a little bit, but he still has thick good hair.

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score

patrik said:
Axl_Rose said:
patrik said:

no no, hear me out. if u look at this second and fourth pic especially ull notice that the middle of his hairline does not connect to the temple points which would form a straight line, and i can tell even though his hair is pushed down. yes its normal for men i know, but he has receded a little bit, but he still has thick good hair.

are you crazy????

most young boys never have the temple point connect to the hairline
i never did

he has a perfectly normal hairline
and a juvenile one at that!

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

are you crazy????

most young boys never have the temple point connect to the hairline
i never did

he has a perfectly normal hairline
and a juvenile one at that![/quote]

i have no quarrel with u body dysmorphic but that is not a juvenile hairline.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score

i have no quarrel with u body dysmorphic but that is not a juvenile hairline.