s5 shedding?

boostin7

Reaction score
So. Have been using Rogaine 5% for about a year and half now. Didn't really notice any increase in growth. It could have slowed down the process but it definitely did not stop. About 2 months ago was trying to decide between starting Propecia or using topical s5 cream. Decided on S5 as it could possibly has less side effects on my body. Since starting the s5 cream a little bit over a month ago, i have noticed increased shedding. Hairs are actually coming out while applying the cream. I'm still using the Rogaine so hoping that maybe some growth will follow but the shedding is definitely causing concern.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it normal to go through a shedding faze when starting s5 cream? I want to stay on the cream because i have heard excellent reviews on it, but if i still have the problem a few weeks from now, im going to start getting worried.

~Victor

pproctor

Established Member
Reaction score
Every treatment that brings follicles out of dormancy (which means every treatment that works ) can cause early shedding of loss-phase hair in some persons. Basically, as new hair starts to grow, old hair sheds early. We know the shed hair was already in the loss-phase because the loss-phase lasts 2-4 months and the shedding starts earlier than this.

Typically, this presents as a wave of increased hair shedding starting a few weeks after starting a treatment and lasting a month or two. The good part is that this is often the first sign that treatment is working and it tends to be associated with a clinical response.

Peter H. Proctor, PhD,MD

boostin7

Reaction score
Thank you for the good news. Im still very much in the time frame you described so im hopefully looking foward to something good coming soon. Plan to keep the forum updated with my progress to pass good product news along. Thank you much.