sacylic acid

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
yesterday i bought sacylic acid 6% to reduce my sebum control in my head will it be ok to use that and can i see some improvement ?

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
It's debatable. Salicylic acid is found in Neutrogina T-sal and Scalpicin, both products to control dandruff. It is more of an exfoliant that strips away dead skin cells to encourage scalp health.

My guess is your only chances of benefitting from it (as far as hairloss) is that you would get better penetration & absorbtion of minoxidil if you use it.

Hope this helps

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks tdevil i think it will help to reduce sebum and removing my dead cells and also it will open clogged pores i believe so i'm going to try it.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
No prob...just keep in mind, it will be good at removing sebum, but will not alter the production of sebum.

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
past from one week i'm applying sacylic acid 6% in my Norwood region i never seen scalp peeling,i had small pimples in my face when i'm applying sacylic acid to my head i'll also apply to my face liitle bit .after two days i've seen skin peeling in my face but not in my Norwood area ,how wonder this could happen to my Norwood area ,i thought it because of more sebum in my scalp so its not getting peeling?

raj47

Established Member
Reaction score
its been roughly two weeks on my sacylic acid 6% after one week i saw small amount of peeling in Norwood region and i never seen peeling in temple areas why?