Sadly my turn came too (23 years old).

nikko

Reaction score
Hej folks, so as the title says my turn came too. I m a 23 years old guy who started to bald in the last 8-6 months. Since I was 18 i ve been something around a NW2 and i ve never had problems with that, but around 8 months ago I started to notice some changes, actually during this time I lost density all over around and it possible to see my scalp, and my hairline receded further!!!!

A pretty curious thing that i experienced is pain, pain in the areas that are going to bald( whole vertex, temples). It not just hitching it some kind of strong pressure that bothers me a lot, I mean as I said it s actual pain that sometimes causes further headaches. Is it normal?? I ve never heard of it.

So this summertime i avoided the seaside since I wanted everything but my friends to see this problem of mine that sincerely is becoming quite annoying and unbearable, I feel that if I don t do something this problem will become bigger and bigger and there won t be a way back. Right now all the times i see a window or a reflecting surface I m checking myself out as I never did before! And the girl I am currently having out with started to notice.... that s pretty frustrating. I started to use hats...thing that i ve never used before lol

I will start from tomorrow with finasteride, minoxidil 5% and nizoral. I really hope they will help me to gain back a part of what i ve lost or at least to try to maintain what i still have, is it legit to hope???

I ve no idea if the pics are ok, but i did my best!

Attachments

• 20140826_193133.jpg
    20140826_193133.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 503
  • 20140826_193034.jpg
    20140826_193034.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 20140826_193025.jpg
    20140826_193025.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 492
  • 20140826_193100.jpg
    20140826_193100.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 458

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey dude.

First of all, good to see you're getting on the big three - I truly hope you'll be able to get some of that recently lost hair back and then maintain! The lesser time there has elapsed since the onset of your balding, the better.

Secondly, I am not sure if actual pain is normal, but the inflammatory itch is very normal (sadly) for male pattern baldness-sufferers; I had it too. God, I hate the male pattern baldness-itch so much.. But yeah, if you're experiencing legit pain, I dunno about that. Maybe some people in here can chime in?

Regardless, good luck. Keep us updated when you do start on the meds - take pictures monthly!

Abercrombie

Reaction score
Hello! I had the inflammatory itch aswell, and yes your hair is most likely thinning/receding judging by your photos. I started thinning/receding at 19 and I've managed to maintain a decent head of hair for over 5 years with meds,
with some luck you can do the same.

elmechanico

Reaction score
Good luck on the big three, please keep this thread updated and post about side effects etc.., I will follow it.
Your hair doesn't look that bad but I can see why it bothers you.
If I were you I'd buzz cut the hair to make it easier to apply the minoxidil and then just hit the gym hard and improve your physique.

As for the itch, add a few drops of tea tree oil to your shampoo bottle(not the nizoral though( and then shake it. Buy a SLS free, organic shampoo or baby shampoo and wash your hair less. Do a ACV rinse once a week and apply a mixture of Olive oil, castor oil and ACV to your hairline/the spots that itch every couple of days. This will improve the scalp/nourish the hair/promote regrowth/kill off the bacteria and relieve you from the itch.
Stop touching or scratching your scalp if you do that.
Good luck

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Same thing happen to me when I was your age, only I didn't treat my hair loss until much later. Glad to see you aren't making the same mistake I did. Hopefully you will reap the rewards.

nikko

Reaction score
Hej! thanks for the answers :)
So basically I didm t lose time and I started right away yesterday evening. We will see how it goes, hopefully it will be all right.

Two other things that I did:
1) I figured out that if I might want to grow a thick beard if I will be bald, so I started to use minoxidil for that too...Actually I ve no idea if it is a good idea, but whatever.. maybe it will work, maybe not. LOL

2) yesterday night I met up with my girl... I ve been pretty straight up forward and I told her what is going on : "I am slightly losing my hair so I will start to treat them. It may cause shedding at the beginning but hopefully everything will grow back." She seemed kinda weirded out though. I don t want to lose her cause she is pretty hot, but whatever guys, in case it won t be the first not the last break up. But i cross my fingers anyway.

And lastly I decided not to shave my head... I ll do it just when i ll have a beard.

I ll keep you guys updated, have a good one!!!

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Not sure if it is a good idea to use minoxidil on your face(if I understood you correctly). minoxidil irritates my scalp and can only imagine what it would do to my face. As far as your beard goes, it should eventually thicken up as you age. When I was younger my beard was pretty patchy, but grew in as I got older.

nikko

Reaction score
Not sure if it is a good idea to use minoxidil on your face(if I understood you correctly). minoxidil irritates my scalp and can only imagine what it would do to my face. As far as your beard goes, it should eventually thicken up as you age. When I was younger my beard was pretty patchy, but grew in as I got older.

maybe you are right, anyway I will try for a while and then see how is the situation.

@Hairbackpls- thanks man

So it has been a week i started with the meds and everything seems all right. No sides and no news so far, but after all just 7 days passed, I guess it is normal. The only thing I noticed is that my hair right now are so dry! Is this normal(?) and if yes, could I use some product to counter this dryness?
Thanks!

nikko

Reaction score
Hej everyone! 2 months passed since I started my treatments.
There is not much to say. I ve shed a lot: my hairline receded a lot and I thinned all over. Although it is frustrating not to see anything growing back yet and all this shed worries me, I have faith the treatments will work somehow so I do not get too depressed. It is an early stage so it is understandable I didn t see anything and as a lot of you guys say shedding is a good sign (hopefully i am not the exception).

Next 27th it will be the 3rd month and I will post some pictures. Have a good one!

saja2148

Reaction score
Hej everyone! 2 months passed since I started my treatments.
There is not much to say. I ve shed a lot: my hairline receded a lot and I thinned all over. Although it is frustrating not to see anything growing back yet and all this shed worries me, I have faith the treatments will work somehow so I do not get too depressed. It is an early stage so it is understandable I didn t see anything and as a lot of you guys say shedding is a good sign (hopefully i am not the exception).

Next 27th it will be the 3rd month and I will post some pictures. Have a good one!

good luck!

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people start noticing results around the 4 month mark. I had e very itchy scalp for years, psoriasis and dandruff before I noticed my hairloss. My hairline is also very similar to yours. It sorted out the thinness for me anyway, and was somewhat effective in my hairline.

nikko

Reaction score
Most people start noticing results around the 4 month mark. I had e very itchy scalp for years, psoriasis and dandruff before I noticed my hairloss. My hairline is also very similar to yours. It sorted out the thinness for me anyway, and was somewhat effective in my hairline.

I see, well then I hope to achieve results as your mate, I just checked your thread and it s a great result!!
Right now the situation is actually pretty desperate and it got worse, but really worse :'(

@saja - thanks mate !!

nikko

Reaction score
So the 4th month mark passed, nothing to say. The situation got worse, my hairline kept receding. Also I had to drop minoxidil cause of the strong pain/inflammation it gives me. The pain is still there...i don t really know how to deal with it but it is slowly passing. Also minoxidil didn t give me any regrowht so far, just pain, actually the hairline receded faster than before(not even the thin hair, but the thick one)...i hope to get something back.