Safety of Fibroblast Conditioned Media? Please help

Albalmal

Reaction score
Hello chaps and chapettes,

I've been using Hairactive's serum for a couple of weeks and have noticed an uneasy and sometimes mildly painful sensation throughout the day in my chest, which has concerned me enough to stop using the stuff for now til I can get more info. I messaged them asking if they'd slipped any minoxidil in there or anything and they came back to me saying categorically not and that the ingredients are exclusively "FOLLIPEP a multipotent pluripotent stem cell conditioned media containing human fibroblast CM, aqua, sodium hyaluronate, sodium chloride, xantham gum, rhodanide, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate and citric acid."

However, at the same time this happened I was also coming off Venlafaxine (a very strong SSRI/SNRI) and had bad withdrawal effects which started at the exact same time my chest started feeling weird, so it could just be part of that.

But yes, bottom line - does anybody on here think/know whether any of the above ingredients could ever - or have been known to - cause any bad effects via systemic absorbtion?
I really do want to start using the Hairactive stuff again as I was quite enthusiastic about trying it out.

Thanks very much guys and sorry for rambling.

Alex

Jacob

Reaction score
I and other used a similar product(yours may be the same just under another name..I've noticed quite a few out there like that) and I can't recall anyone talking about such a side effect. But obviously if those issues go away...try the topical again and go from there.

Albalmal

Reaction score
Yeah thanks Jacob, will do. I take it that the similar (or the same) products didn't do too much for you? To be honest, part of me wants to hear that it's no good so that I don't keep spending £100 per month on it, haha.
I was really encouraged by a user on here or HLH (I forget) who said it seemed to be growing a sh*tload of hair on him and the fact that their site has pics that for once seem to show some actual improvement without looking misleading, but in retrospect that's like only 2 or 3 good testimonials I suppose. Hmm.

Anyway thanks for the reply, I'm a fan of your posts on here, keep it up!

Jacob

Reaction score
Thanks..and yeah...it didn't do much for me..BUT...I never continued with it after the first round. Part of that had to do with the hype over it- we should have seen results quite soon according to the Dr.

I don't know if anyone really kept using it or not..doesn't look like it. .