Saitama Sensei's Amazing Hair Loss Journey

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello boys and girls ! Today i decided to make a thread to tell my story and track my progress. I'm 23 years old and i've first noticed hairloss at around 18, just slight thinning. At 19 a really thin spot around my vertex started to form, it was quite obvious when i had my hair buzzed short and in harsh light. At around 20-21 i started diffusing all over my head in a nw6 pattern and at 22 sh*t hit the fan and i lost a ton f*** of density ( i think my hair loss accelerated because of general stress, but i had other medical problems that caused hormone imbalance in my body ). I tried propecia for a short period of time, but quit because i got freaked out by sides ( balls imploding and general low libido ). But as my hair loss got worse and worse i decided i need to something and so my journey begins. I started minoxidil in november 2016 once a day, then added alpicort f in december once EOD. This regimen gave slight regrowth, but i had to quit because it raised my estrogen really high and it was starting to give me b**ch tits. In January i decided to replace alpicort with topical 0.25% finasteride, again, it helped me maintain and it partially solved my scalp inflammation and it reduced a little my sebum production. Me as a diffuse thinner can actually "feel" when i'm losing hair because of the inflammation and redness that Androgenetic Alopecia caused me. Adding 0.25 mg oral finasteride in april solved my inflammation problem for now, it's like i have my pre-hairloss scalp. As a side note, when my hair loss started at around 18, i had like an allergic reaction around my scalp when i left for holydays in the summer, it was strongly itching all over and you could see me scratching my head like a maniac. I STRONGLY believe that was the moment when my Androgenetic Alopecia button was pressed. f*** me..

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here i attached a baseline pic from august 2016 and a one from yesterday for comparison.

Attachments

• august 2016 baseline.png
    august 2016 baseline.png
    758.6 KB · Views: 420
  • june 2017.png
    june 2017.png
    666.9 KB · Views: 553

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My full regimen atm is: Minoxidil 5% once at night + dermarolling, H&W topical liposomal finasteride 0,25% in the morning, 0,25 mg oral finasteride in the evening. Planning to add Retin-A ( Tretinoin 0,025 % ). As for sides, i have slightly low libido.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you use topical finasteride?
You mean how i apply it ? Once every morning almost all over the places where i'm thinning. It's easier to apply with my hair buzzed, i don't recommend using it with long hair tho.. it's f*****g hell.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's from the finasteride. The oral dose. Has anyone confirmed if topical gies systemic?.
I didn't do blood work to see if it affected my DHT, but from what i felt, finasteride gel doesnt lower my libido like the oral version. Idk now, it may be placebo, hard to tell. But i also didnt feel it was as affective for my hair loss, like the oral version.

SpaceInvader

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the topical finasteride was not enough like the oral finasteride. It would be better if everyone had a test, so you'd get an idea of what you'll have to attack.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the topical finasteride was not enough like the oral finasteride. It would be better if everyone had a test, so you'd get a batter idea.
I plan to use oral finasteride in conjunction with the topical one for a year or so, to see if i get better regrowth. After that, i want to try to quit the oral version and maybe maintain with topical.