Salicylic Acid 3% (T/Sal) and Minoxidil 5%

Rsx

Reaction score
I have been use Minoxidil 5% for a month and notice that I am having a shedding this morning after using Salicylic Acid 3%(T/Sal) last night! (80 - 100 hairs on my pillow :( ) Do Salicylic Acid makes my scaple absorb more Minoxidil and make my hairs shed?

Btw, how can u tell you should stop Minoxidil?

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
wow, if salicylic acid makes absorb more minoxidil, im gonna add it to my minoxidil bottle... anyone, answer this!!

Petchsky

Reaction score
I have heard it said SA helps increased absorption of topicles and it feels like it does after washing it and applying minoxidil.

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky, sorry i didnt get it. You have to 'wash' your scalp with SA then apply minoxidil? Apply both together? Explain pls. thanks

Rsx

Reaction score
T/Sal S Acid is a shampoo... washing your hair with the shampoo and applying Min

G

shosho said:
Petchsky, sorry i didnt get it. You have to 'wash' your scalp with SA then apply minoxidil? Apply both together? Explain pls. thanks

shosho,

Wash with SA (T/Sal)

Rinsh hair

Dry hair

Apply minoxidil

G

Rsx said:
Do Salicylic Acid makes my scaple absorb more Minoxidil and make my hairs shed?

If SA made you absob more minoxidil it would take a lot longer for the extra minoxidil to make your hair shed, maybe weeks later.

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
If SA made you absob more minoxidil it would take a lot longer for the extra minoxidil to make your hair shed, maybe weeks later.

I've been noticing that a lot of people here seem to expect results (good or bad) overnight when, in reality, the most important product in any regimen - indeed, the first you should apply - is patience.

I had to really get that through my head before I started treatment otherwise I'd be a basket case checking my hair every day.

The treatments you give you hair/scalp today are most likely not going to show their results any sooner than, say, 3 weeks at the earliest (but probably 2 to 3 months or more).

macdruid

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
MacDruid, you speak like an old pro. Right on.

LOL thanks. I researched the hell out of male pattern baldness for about 6 months before I took action. Glad to know I got something from it. :)

outgrowth

Established Member
Reaction score
oh ok, sorry.. i didnt know it was a shampoo.. i was thinking only at the substance SA..

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not to sound patronizing, and I COULD be wrong, but I believe this is sort of basic knowledge: anything you do to treat hair loss takes weeks, if not months, to result in any kind of difference, good or bad. So in other words, you won't shed the next day after using SA, or any other product.

My guess is 1) the minoxidil is the cause for the shed, and 2) you might notice the sudden, large number of shed hairs because minoxidil synchronizes your hair's growth cycles. But do some homework on this site before you take my word for it.

I never knew that SA helped the scalp absorb minoxidil better. I'll have to research that one more myself. I want to agree simply because I heard that SA makes rosacea (redness of face) worse with some poeple. I think this happens because it dialates the capillaries. Not sure.