Salicylic Acid IS YOUR FRIEND

Cassin

Reaction score
T/GEL conditioner is one of the best I have ever used, plus it has 2% Salicylic Acid. It makes my hair look and feel fantastic after regular T/GEL.

Treatment
Salicylic Acid

Salicylic acid is a chemical that helps remove scale. Removing scale is important, because it allows topical medications to reach and penetrate the skin. Salicylic acid is found in keratolytic products (scale lifters) that loosen scale. There are keratolytic products that include shampoos, soaps, lotions and gels. These products usually contain salicylic acid, lactic acid or urea.

Salicylic acid is called "sal acid" for short. It can be made stronger with a prescription, but is usually found in over-the-counter (OTC) products. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved salicylic acid as an over-the-counter treatment for psoriasis in strengths of 1.8 percent to 3 percent. It is often combined with other topical medications to make them more effective.

Tips for using salicylic acid

You can get it anywhere. Krogers, CVS, Walgreens etc............

G

grate post

I only use Follegin topic should i still use this cond?

andy how many times a week should it be user

Cassin

Reaction score
It's a decent add-on. I wouldn't rush out and buy it.

I use it whenever I use T/GEL which is about 2 times a week.

The biggest thing I like it how it cosmetically makes my hair look.

The biggest down size is how expensive it is and how it doesn't lather up worth a damn.

EDIT: Here is what it looks like and where you can get it. F-ING walgreens.com needs to one day write me a check for all of their links I have posted.......

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product. ... navCount=0

G

lol

well i use nizoral 3 times a week and follgin with it is it worth adding,

hey cassin i sent you an email did you get it?

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: lol

jkriley said:

Give it a shot. I would probably use it on off nizoral days.

No I didn't......I haven't checked my email in awhile. Send me a PM here if you want.

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Cassin about the importance of sal acid. I personally prefer to have it in a shampoo rather than a conditioner, because it's the shampoo I need for "cleansing" and the conditioner I need for moisture. By combining both, "T/Gel conditioner" is actually a shamp-cond combo, and I'm not a fan of those.

I've found Nizoral to be much more effective when applied right after a sal acid shampoo (at least when it comes to reduced itching). These two together are also the ingredients of Dr. Lee's Regrowth shampoo.

avri

Hpower

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin, can I use this conditioner after I use regular shampoo or should it only be used with T-Gel shampoo?

BTW-thanks for the Mega Man tip! Great stuff- "strong like bull again"
but, makes my urine glow in the dark.lol

Cassin

Reaction score
Chujgcha

Yeah I was kinda thinking that too. If it does a very gentle peel then why not?

Avri

I agree but for some people (like me) T/SAL (3% SA) seems to be very harsh on hair and will dry it out after continued use. This effect becomes much more dramatic when used in Dr Lees regrowth shampoo as you are using a Nizoral 2% and T/SAL (3% SA) like product at the same time. This is why I recommended to jkriley that he not use them both on the same day. The T/GEL conditioner (2% SA) seems to compliment the hair much better in look and feel so this may be the way to go for someone who can not manage dry hair as it moisturizes the hair along with the 2% SA benefits on the scalp.

Cassin

Reaction score
Hpower said:
Cassin, can I use this conditioner after I use regular shampoo or should it only be used with T-Gel shampoo?

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it without T/GEL. I would probably still only use it 2 or 3 times a week though.

Hpower said:
BTW-thanks for the Mega Man tip! Great stuff- "strong like bull again"
but, makes my urine glow in the dark.lol

HAHA! Glad it worked. I can only use them at a 50% dose they are so strong. I feel 14 again going through puberty after popping one.

The Nuclear Urine is from the B Vitamins. hehehe Try drinking some dark soda with it and it will really glow!

avri

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin, what you're saying about T/Sal makes sense as it may be too strong at 3% to go along with Nizoral. I use a 2% sal acid shampoo, however (Herbal Essences Anti-Dandruff) right before Nizoral, and as long as I use a good conditioner in the end, scalp feels great.

avri

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I love Sal Acid that stuff works not only for your scalp but for your face as well.I dont have an acne problem due to this product(i know you guys mean for your scalp but its damn good for your face too)

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score

jkriley said:

Thats a f*****g kick *** avatar . Also I had stumbled across Denorex (sal acid)and love it . I use it every other day and it curbs the minoxidil scaling and allows for the stuff thats still clinging to the scalp to easily be brushed off . Other shampoos can't do this .

FUK-HAIRLOSS

Reaction score
Just an FYI .. a lot of acne products contain salicylic acid.. i might recommend clean & clean by johnson & johnson if you have real short hair or a shaved head.. while i dont have an acne problem, after 2-3 applications within a very short period of time to my skin, it makes it feel smooth as anything.. i know one thing, it cleans pores very well.. gets 10x more than soap will

:D

G

Kevin fretwell said:
jkriley said:

Thats a f*****g kick *** avatar . Also I had stumbled across Denorex (sal acid)and love it . I use it every other day and it curbs the minoxidil scaling and allows for the stuff thats still clinging to the scalp to easily be brushed off . Other shampoos can't do this .

I do not use minoxidil as of yet what i was wondering was would it be good to use it before aplying folligen? would it help get it into the skin better

I work in IT so i love my pic :freaked2:

Kevin fretwell

Established Member
Reaction score
I use it a couple of hours before minoxidil and a couple after . I feel this is best .

muii

Established Member
Reaction score
nizoral really dries my hair out... iu se it 2 times a week

wont t gel dry it out just the same?

Molecular Help

Established Member
Reaction score
Salicylic acid is indeed your friend. Or at least my friend. I bought t-gel conditioner some the other day and have only used it twice, and it completely vanquished the itch. For the first time in months my scalp isn't itchy. I also eased up on the nizoral (every third time instead of every other) and diluted my folligen. It feels a lot better to not have that nagging itch that I just knew was impeding any progress my actual treatments could be making for me. Plus the conditioner is really good for the hair, it feels really nice anyways.