Sam3n"s Story - (22 /Rapid hair loss)

sam3n

Reaction score
Glad to have found a forum of people with some experience in this field!

I'm 22 years old and my hair is falling out rapidly lately. My brother is 3 years old than me and has pretty much nothing left on the top of his head. I'm far from that but I think I'll end up there in 3 years myself. My dad is bald and the men on my mothers side are also bald so yeah... I want to do something about it. I've looked into propecia and rogaine but really don't know if I should try them because I have heard a bunch of negative stuff such as growing man boobs or the product only working for a certain amount of time. I've been losing hair for about 3 years now but more so over the past 6 months than ever before.

So I was hoping I can get some guidance from the more experiences people here and hopefully prevent losing too much hair. Any help/info or advise on which posts to check out on this board would be appreciate.

jamesfinch

Reaction score
Hi

for a start here is my story.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=50131

firstly get on rogaine straight away. the side effects are extremely rare. they sell in Boots (UK) for gods sake so it cant be bad. best to buy it over the internet though, just google minoxidil and you should find some cheap deals.

As for propecia this is something i considered for a long time, and now i'm on it i wish i had started earlier because as you can see from my story over the last year not only has my balding stopped but my hairline has actually improved. Obviously it has to be your decision at the end of the day but its definitely the best thing (IMO) at fighting baldness.
Any sides you may get, such as sexual problems will go after you stop taking the medicine.
I myself had a few problems getting erections (only 3 or 4 times) but i've had absolutley no trouble now for 8 months. Sexual sides apparently only occur in 1-2% of people anyway so its unlikely you will be affected. and if you are either wait it out for a few months while your bidy adapts to different hormone levels or just quit and you'll be back to yourself in a week or so.
All i can say is finasteride (propecia) worked for me, and it was definitley worth it.
i think its definitely worth a try. you can always give it up in a few months.
let me know if you have any questions

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
propecia works for the vast majority of people and does not give any side effects - it has done miracles for me (26 years old).

if you're serious about fighting hairloss i would suggest getting on propecia immediately and see how it goes.

rogaine foam is great in combo with propecia - but you may or may not need it yet depending on your situation.

some pics would greatly help in giving you better advice!