Sammo's Story - (advice needed :)

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok heres the deal, I've got a widows peak hairline and have always worn my hair down, so when I was in denial for a while about my hair loss... which began suddenly around a year ago, whereby lost much a hair in sleep and shower. I always had a very thick head of hair, and believe its still relatively concealed... but credit to my hairline my temples have receded to an obvious point, where if i wear my hair forward its kinda obvious.

My question to you guys... is... currently having been on Propecia for 1 month (I know thats not long and technically no results would be visible) especially with my long hair, should I start taking minoxidil? I'm concerned that if I don't take this precaution I might not see any temple regrowth, or if propecia doesn't work for me, I'll have much ground to take back.

Have you guys seen many great results purely just on propecia? especially in relation to temple regrowth, because as far as I recollect most of the success stories are relative to combos of minoxidil and propecia.

p.s. im gonna start nizoral shampoo, if anyone got any advice on that lemme know :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
other ppl's sucess stories wont help you sh*t on your own hair. To determine if finasteride works for you, you will have to take it and keep at it for a yr.

GL

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah...

Guess I'm in that zone where I'm contemplating taking up another substance in order to maximize my chance of success. Sitting and waiting is the worst part, it'd be awesome if there was a quicker way of knowing it was going to work or not!

Nizoral, would that make much of a difference in addition to purely just the propecia?

sam

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: yeah...

sammo said:
Guess I'm in that zone where I'm contemplating taking up another substance in order to maximize my chance of success. Sitting and waiting is the worst part, it'd be awesome if there was a quicker way of knowing it was going to work or not!

Nizoral, would that make much of a difference in addition to purely just the propecia?

sam

there is no quick way

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Sammo's Story - advice needed :)

Don't take minoxidil yet. One month on Propecia is way too early to decide if it's enough or not. I would wait that 6-12 month time frame and then decide if it works.

In my case propecia has helped thicken up the existing hair and helped me move towards a lower Norwood scale. I have been on it for about 10 months and didn't start seeing results until month 4.

goodluck!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Propecia hardly regrows any of the hair back...if you need regrow, then jump on minoxidil

DO TAKE NOTE THAT IT IS A LIFE TIME COMMITMENT, well til HM comes out at least.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks ragin

ive been snoopin around... basically im thinking...

Now im on nizoral and what i like to call my propee.... thats a good maintaining effort...

BUT if i want my temples back its a lifetime committment of major sheds and possibly dodgy looking hair for periods...

so dont know if i should add the topical... ill upload a pic and get some oppinions as im still young so if theres a time to do it its prolly now :)

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
ps

ive been getting some sides so im going through an adjustment of dosage for my propecia to see how 0.5 goes... i dropped to 0.25 initially which seemed to go well...

RaginDemon

Reaction score
you can use foam once a day if you want to have some regrowth on the temples. Foam is really easy to use, it dries up within 2-3 mins.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hey sammo

I dont think i've ever heard of anyone regrowing hair in the frontal region from propecia alone. I could be wrong, but even so it would be quite a rare case. I guess it would depend on your type of hairloss, the extent and how long it has been going on. But I would say if your temples are slick bald then there's almost zero chance of regrowth from just finasteride.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
flimflam said:
hey sammo

I dont think i've ever heard of anyone regrowing hair in the frontal region from propecia alone. I could be wrong, but even so it would be quite a rare case. I guess it would depend on your type of hairloss, the extent and how long it has been going on. But I would say if your temples are slick bald then there's almost zero chance of regrowth from just finasteride.

I agree, finasteride tends to thicken up exisiting hair more than regrowing new hair.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys

yeah just dreading the shreading :( overall density prity thick at the moment... i can imagine myself being a good responder to minoxidil though.... guess i should get straight into it! i dont wanna shave my head but do u reckon thats the best option?

also ragin... you say foam is good? theres been a few people slaggin it out around the forums, saying liquid is better... what u think?

sam

pict time...

Sean68

Reaction score
theyre the same thing. the foam just dries quicker and its less greasy. its also easier to apply 'through' your hair if you know what i mean. if you want significant regrowth then id advise you to use it, shedding isnt something to be feared it means theres a good chance itll work.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Re: thanks guys

sammo said:
yeah just dreading the shreading :( overall density prity thick at the moment... i can imagine myself being a good responder to minoxidil though.... guess i should get straight into it! i dont wanna shave my head but do u reckon thats the best option?

also ragin... you say foam is good? theres been a few people slaggin it out around the forums, saying liquid is better... what u think?

sam

pict time...

My crown filled in nicely with foam. I just to have a slight bald of size of a penny on top of my head, now its pretty much filled in.