Sammo's story - (age 21, official story with pics)

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
Once upon a time. Ok long story short, Male Pattern Baldness definitely runs in the family and consists of the double wammi thinning of crown and temples at same time. Both father and mothers side. I have a widows peak hairline but have had very thick dark hair as a teenager, which I've always worn my hair forward anyway kinda like the Beatles. Mid 2007 I was experience hairloss (lots of hair EVERYWHERE) out of nowhere, and a very stressed relationship / year ... My hairloss journey tale began....

*note at the point before this journey began, I could wear my hair forward with no gaps in the hairline, now I cant because my hair isn't as strong (Especially in the temple areas)

September 2007 I started propecia, a month into it started getting sharp pains occasionally, and sexual sides. INSTANTLY I started experimenting with dosages until eventually settling on 0.25mg with NO sides, but the effectiveness was compromised.

Here are some bad angle pics from January this year

Left Temple

Right temple

Its now April 2008 and I'm stepping up to 0.5mg of propecia to have a go, and am 2.5 months into Revivogen, which I'm unsure about because my hair is starting to 'feel' very thin in the male pattern baldness areas when I run my hand along it. Its hard to see because I have longish hair, but a baldspot is definitely developing on crown. I've finally taken some decent photos to keep track of my future progress.

Back of Head (longer hair thinning definitely exists, especially under long strands in crown area. You can see it....

front face shot - fringe doesn't look too strong

top of head... you can can see the thinning where bald patch is developing...

Left Temple

Right temple

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Sammo's (21) new and official story with pics FINALLY

Yeah guys, I know there are gonna be people who post like they don't see any problem with my hair or much, but believe me, the darker hair makes it harder to see, and the length in which i have it means that thinning is harder to see. I've attacked my hairloss early but its still not under control and I can see that soon, it will be visible. If I shaved my head it'd be easier to see. Plus i should try and get some wet hair pics, my hair would look terrible. lol

What do you guys think about the look of my hairline in the newer pics? do you think that my hairline has new hair growing or are those hairs thinning?

IBM

Reaction score

Your right temple shows some recession. Start take 1mg of Propecia.

sammo

Established Member
Reaction score

i cant take 1mg, i get major sides.

IBM

Reaction score

sammo said:

You'll get in the beginning. So dont worry. Your body will adapt.

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score

"Just take it, your body will get use to it"

Worst advice maybe ever. Tell that to former Merck patients who took Vioxx. I'm sure they'd agree. Some people cannot take fertilizer for their hair. Your 21, which is young. I waited until 28, even then I was still losing but felt like I was ready to undergo a hair transplant. I've had 3 total, first two to cover up loss and finally the 3rd for density. I would wait just a little longer, your loss is not that bad yet. I know you don't want to hear that, but it's really where your situation is right now in my opinion.

lovemyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Worst advice maybe ever. Tell that to former Merck patients who took Vioxx. I'm sure they'd agree. Some people cannot take fertilizer for their hair. Your 21, which is young. I waited until 28, even then I was still losing but felt like I was ready to undergo a hair transplant. I've had 3 total, first two to cover up loss and finally the 3rd for density. I would wait just a little longer, your loss is not that bad yet. I know you don't want to hear that, but it's really where your situation is right now in my opinion.
"Just take it, your body will get use to it"

I would advise to get on proscar early! I started taking it when I was about 27(now 29) and have experienced slowing of hairloss. However, friend who was 22 when he first experienced male pattern baldness took proscar right away and experienced total stoppage, including lots of regrowth at the temples!!! He too experienced some sides like I, but his body adapted too within a month. I wish I started Asap, probably would have more density
but oh well. If you wait your hair would have been exposed to more dht and thus become thinner. Propecia and other such dht reducers are mainly for maintence, it is not very effective for hair regrowth, especially if its
been gone for awhile.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score

IBM said:
sammo said:

You'll get in the beginning. So dont worry. Your body will adapt.

Propecia is a serious drug, a serious commitment, and the decision to start it should not be taken lightly. If you do experience sides you should not try to "ride it out", you should reduce the dosage or quit altogether - propecia is not for everyone.