satch5150's story - (22, receeding, diffusing)

satch5150

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 22 (will be 23 in a 2 weeks). I had a receeded hairline since I was like 17 or so but never paid much attention to it. My dad has great hair at 56 or sth but my brother is a NW5 or sth like that at 25. My whole mother's family is bald but I thought that I would get away from this as I was similar in terms of look to my dad. I was stupid. This year was the worst... I receeded from NW2 to NW2.5 - 3 and my hair got thinner at the whole crown. I was using minoxidil 5% for 2 months but dropped it (didn't know then that any effects take time :( ). Then I took Crescina (bad move - it's a snake oil stay away and makes your face red like you would drink a 0.5l of vodka). Then came the autumn and now winter. It was devastating for my hair...it has never been so bad. I started minoxidil again 3 weeks ago and going strong (but this crap is such a pain, very oily and greasy during the day), I use Nizoral 2-3 times a week but it dries my hair very badly and when I put on the hat and then take it off...I wish then that I had shaved it all... I also ordered Alpecin C1 shampoo...we'll see how it is gonna work for me.

My father is a M.D. and he refused to give me Propecia (I mean that he is urologist (sp?) and he perscribes Proscar so he know the side effects). I am also afraid to take it.

The last thing...and probably the most important to me. I wouldn't eventually mind to just shave my head but I have big ears (think Will Smith here but a bit bigger). My hair distract a bit from looking at my ears but when I will shave it I have this bad feeling I will look like a dork or monkey. Does any of you guys had similar doubts but once you've made the choice and shaved it, it didn't look THAT bad?

Many girls says I am attractive (no Brad Pitt here but still attractive) despite the ears. I just have this constant fear that once the hair is gone I won't be considered attractive again.
whooo that was a lot to write (especially in English as I am from Poland). I'm sorry in advance for my bad English.

take care,

satch5150

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Re: New guy here. 22, receeding, diffusing. Need your support

Jak sie masz Satch!

you should start using the rogaine foam 5% ,it dries in minutes and isnt greasy at all,its MUCH better than liquid

Yup nizoral 2% is the way to go too

i would definitely say at least try propecia/proscar and see if you have any side effects,if you do then just stop taking it and any side effects will go away.

you can order online http://unitedpharmacies.com/customer/pr ... t=0&page=1

ive been on it for 26 months and the only side effects i have 'suffered' is an increased libido ,not a bad thing!

only 2% of people get side effects and those that do shout the loudest,if it works for you ,you are less inclined to come here and tell everyone.

you could also try spironolactone (do a search on here) ,its a topical cream/liquid that you apply to the scalp that does the same job as propecia.

good luck :)

30_going_on_60

Established Member
Reaction score

Yeah, everyones probably scared of shaving their heads. But its so liberating for anyone with visible hairloss. It will be a complete shock at first. With a shaved head, you dont have to worry about how youre going to look when you lose even more hair. For me, the worst part was always worrying about how much worse it will be in 2 months. With a shaved head, I could live my life not worrying about that. If you have big ears...you have big ears. A full head of hair might hide them a bit, but a horsehoe wont. I say try it out, you might feel better and worry about it a lot less. Good luck!

RaginDemon

Reaction score

your dad is a MD, he refuses to get you Propecia yet he lets you take Proscar? No offense bro, but I think he is being cheap.

satch5150

Reaction score

RaginDemon said:
your dad is a MD, he refuses to get you Propecia yet he lets you take Proscar? No offense bro, but I think he is being cheap.

no no, what I meant is that he perscribes Proscar to his patients (obviously it's the same drug as Propecia but stronger dosage). He perscribes it for this prostate cancer or whatever so he knows the drug and what are its side effects. He also spoked to the dermatologist and she also said that yes Propecia would get me better for a while but after that it will probably go downhill again, and the sides can be bad. So probably I won't start finasteride.

Thanks for the support so far

RaginDemon

Reaction score

It's a decision you have to make, with the hair loss b.s, nothing is predictable.

The most important thing is not to let this sh*t get to you (very hard to do I know), regardless of what you decide to do.

Best of luck mate!

G

RaginDemon said:

That wasn't what he meant as he pointed out, but how does it make him cheap? Lots of people on here take 1/4 Prosccar in place of Propecia. If that was the case, it would make his dad smart, not cheap. There's no reason to pay full price for Propecia if you can get your hands on legit Proscar. No reason at all unless you feel like wasting hundreds of dollars a year.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Have you considered an ear pinning operation. Despite falling under the plastic surgery category it is in actual fact a very popular operation which parents hive their children (especially girls). I'm surprised my little cousin hasn't had it - mind you she does look quite cute with those ears.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

JayMan said:
RaginDemon said:

That wasn't what he meant as he pointed out, but how does it make him cheap? Lots of people on here take 1/4 Prosccar in place of Propecia. If that was the case, it would make his dad smart, not cheap. There's no reason to pay full price for Propecia if you can get your hands on legit Proscar. No reason at all unless you feel like wasting hundreds of dollars a year.

yeah I read it wrong the first time.