saw an old picture of me today

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i dont have many pics of me when my hair isnt buzzed , anyway i found one today from 2 years ago and i realised that evev though there was no scalp showing(it was a pic in the sun) my hair still looked thin
how the hell have i been walkling around with that crap on my head and didnt notice
so i guess ive been thinnig for quite a few years
crap

G

this happens to a lot of people. so easy to spot once you realize what is going on, otherwise no.

G

Yeah, I wonder about that too. In early 2005 I took pictures of the back of my head. They already showed a rather big bald spot yet when I looked in the mirror everything seemt normal. I was in denial for nearly 2 years and didn´t do anything during this time about my hair loss. I assume that dozens of Norwood spotters already noticed the disaster before I realized what was going on and took care of it by wearing hats and treatments.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i guess ive been spotted as well
i wish someone have told me :evil:
the thing is that i never noticed any shed
i thinnk i would have pickedd up on it much earlier if i didnt use to have my hair buzzed for 90% of the time the last 5 years

G

actually roki i had my hair at about 3 or 3 and a half inches until i started realizing i was balding. my hair curls when it's long so it curled over and hid the baldness until it became too obvious and i realized what was up.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i've noticed people thinning who i don't think even knew they were themselves. my one friends definately does not think he's losing but i know he is. i was a little luckier because my loss in only in the front so i saw it before anyone, but also unlucky because when you lose hair in the front first everyone notices. at least when it's on top of your head or at the back, you can still talk to people face to face without their eyes wandering to the top of your head.

G

once you're a norwood, it's very easy to spot early hair loss on other people, because you know what to look for.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was looking through some old pictures of myself recently too, most of them were from around 2000, before M.P.B had kicked in properly, it's pretty hard to see such deteriation in such a small period of time..

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I really noticed my crown and front was thinning in 2001. But when I look at pics from the late 90's, it was already thinning in my late 20's.

I have some friends who probably don't think or realize that they are thinning, but I see a lot more scalp on some folks now as we all go from our 30's to our 40's.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i wonder if some girls could tell
i mean i know most have no idea but maybe some that are very observant colud see it

IBM

Reaction score
JayMan said:
once you're a norwood, it's very easy to spot early hair loss on other people, because you know what to look for.

That's true. I can spot male pattern baldness on some people that appears on TV like football players. When i say they are loosing their hair my brother ask "why you're saying that he's going bald".

G

roki said:
i mean i know most have no idea but maybe some that are very observant colud see it

I wonder about this too. Really scares the sh*t out of me :oops:

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
roki said:

Some girls definately look out for it but generally it has to be pretty advance to grab someones attention, I still just about get away with at the moment but about 2 years ago when my hair was longer a girl I'd hooked up with started staring at my hair and just said 'you're starting to lose your hair'.. it was a big moment as I already knew but had been waiting for someone to comment, I just said 'yes i am actually' and made some joke about it and that was that. I think it's always a big moment the first time someone is bold enough to tell/ ask you.

G

Yep, I am still waiting for my first time (not only sex related :D ). I think this will be a shock for many weeks and I am going to spam HairLossTalk.com with dozens of whining posts afterwards. Just thinking of it gives me a bad feeling in my stomache....

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Yep, I am still waiting for my first time (not only sex related :D ). I think this will be a shock for many weeks and I am going to spam HairLossTalk.com with dozens of whining posts afterwards. Just thinking of it gives me a bad feeling in my stomache....

For what it's worth.. I was f*****g her about 2 hours later so it's not the end of the world, she was cute too, it will all depend on how you deal with it. :wink:

G

UK78 said:
Taugenichts said:

For what it's worth.. I was f****ing her about 2 hours later so it's not the end of the world, she was cute too, it will all depend on how you deal with it. :wink:

Well, I know I will deal with it the same way I deal with all my problems. Cry like a baby and believe it is the end of the world. I don´t think I would have been in the emotional state of f*****g her after such a comment....

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
UK78 said:
Taugenichts said:

For what it's worth.. I was f****ing her about 2 hours later so it's not the end of the world, she was cute too, it will all depend on how you deal with it. :wink:

Well, I know I will deal with it the same way I deal with all my problems. Cry like a baby and believe it is the end of the world. I don´t think I would have been in the emotional state of f****ing her after such a comment....

At least you know where you're going wrong, when you have sorted your head out your life will unfold.

s.a.f

Reaction score
UK78 said:
roki said:

Some girls definately look out for it but generally it has to be pretty advance to grab someones attention, I still just about get away with at the moment but about 2 years ago when my hair was longer a girl I'd hooked up with started staring at my hair and just said 'you're starting to lose your hair'.. it was a big moment as I already knew but had been waiting for someone to comment, I just said 'yes i am actually' and made some joke about it and that was that. I think it's always a big moment the first time someone is bold enough to tell/ ask you.

Taug, if this ever happens just whip out your 8 incher and say "get on this biatch"! :p
Honestly you're confidence is as brittle as glass. UK78 dealt with it like a confident man and got the ride that night. If he had cryed like a baby he'd have ended up alone with his hand. You know deep down that you have nothing wrong with you.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
seriously taug you should get a t-shirt that says youve got 8 inches down there, so you wouldnt have to talk at all

porajj

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, looking back at picks of me back in 8th grade I could tell I was starting to loose it back then even. One of my temples had very very minor recession/white hairs while the other one was almost a NW1.5 to 2.
I also looked at some high school pics and noticed me having the exact same hairline 4 years ago that I do now.

What im guessing is what happens is that once we hit the post puberty period and start losing hair like everyone else in the world with or without male pattern baldness-- it becomes way more noticable.