Saw Palmetto and libido

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been taking Saw Palmetto for the last 3 months [about 250mg of the fruit extract and 50 mg of pumpkin seed extract] but haven't noticed any changes apart from a decrease in shedding which might even be due to better scalp hygiene and other supplements that I have been taking.

Recently I decided to increase my dosage to two pills a day[one in the morning and one at night] just to find out whether that can make any differences.If it doesn't help in anyway then I will start with Finasteride [My current suplly will last for another couple of months].Surprisingly my libido is totally out of control and I get ultra hard boners even when I am not thinking of sex. :woot: Has anyone had similar experiences with Saw Palmetto ? I recently read somewhere that Saw Palmetto is an aphrodisiac.

Jocko59

Reaction score
There are many posts regarding Saw Pametto on this board. Why don't you do a search of them. I think your question has been addressed a number of times in various threads.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Interesting indeed.The last ten days I have been forced to sit down every time I take a piss.

Hoppi

Reaction score
haha that's really funny! I might have to start taking more SP just for the lolz ^_^

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
^^Lol this is weird but so far it has been fun.I get boners while working out at the gym,painful erections that wake me up while I am asleep :innocent:,when I have food and when I look at any feminine form :whistle:

I will certainly keep you all updated on this one....

Hoppi

Reaction score
I still find this well funny lol

I'm mainly taking beta-sitosterol at the moment and I doubt that does it too, it's probably just SP :)

Well, I still have a whole bottle full of 450mg Saw Palmetto capsules... maybe I'll save them for some other time xD

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:agree: As you might already be knowing,SP contains beta sitosterol but in very minute amounts.Maybe its some other substance in SP that is responsible for this.Pumpkin seed extract is known to contain zinc which can also make you horny.

Hoppi

Reaction score
hmm, well yeah I guess so! At the moment I am mainly taking beta-sitosterol with a bit of SP and Pygeum Bark thrown in for good luck!

Not sure about it's effects on ANYTHING yet, but it should be interesting to find out! :)

How are pumpkin seeds working out anyway? What is good about them? :)

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The Saw Palmetto extract that I buy comes along with Pumpkin seed extract.Pumpkin Seeds are a great source of B Vitamins,Zinc,Magnesium and also help in dealing with prostrate problems,cancer prevention,lower cholesterol,osteoporosis and depression.Zinc is also a mild DHT inhibitor...

Boondock

Reaction score
Propecia killed my sex drive, but whenever I'm on saw palmetto I get major sex drive boost and pointless boners like you described. I don't think it does a lot for my hair, but I think I keep taking it partly for the lulz.

Hoppi

Reaction score
mpbsux20 said:
The Saw Palmetto extract that I buy comes along with Pumpkin seed extract.Pumpkin Seeds are a great source of B Vitamins,Zinc,Magnesium and also help in dealing with prostrate problems,cancer prevention,lower cholesterol,osteoporosis and depression.Zinc is also a mild DHT inhibitor...

That's cool :) I think I'm getting enough supplements atm but it's good to learn about different things :)

Do they really prevent cancer? O.O how?

And maybe you just need to take SP in very high doses for it to really affect hair?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My libido levels have returned to their normal state but I have had excessive underarm sweating and acne for nearly a week.I am beginning to doubt that this has something to do with increasing my Saw palmetto dosage. :thumbdown2: