Saw Palmetto Horror

buff1

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this site, but I'm impressed with everyone's knowledge...I'm 38 and have minimal (frontal only) thinning, but generally fine hair...if I use a little Pro Thik hair thickening spray you couldn't even tell, but I want to be proactive. My question is this: I tried saw palmetto a few years ago and after about 6months...BAM!!...no more sex drive!...Gone. Even after cutting back to almost nothing, it still was zilch...I stoped taking it 1 year ago, and now I'm pretty much back to normal...anyone know why this happened?...I want to take some type of DHT blocker, but am afraid I'll stop losing hair but lose my wife!

absmon

Established Member
Reaction score
Your best and possibly only option is spironolactone (either 2% or 5%) because the side effects that you had from using saw palmetto is just as likely from finesteride (Propecia). Many users go spironolactone to avoid side effects associated with finesteride, others also believe spironolactone is just as effective as finesteride in inhibiting DHT, if not more. spironolactone is a topical that you apply on effected areas.

You can obtain spironolactone from Dr. Lee at http://www.minoxidl.com

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
There is no evidence that users of SP who suffered sexual side effects will also suffer side effects from finasteride. Sexual side effects occur in only a minute percentage of finasteride users and there is plenty of scientific evidence to support it. I say go with finasteride. By the way that prothik is some good sh*t right?

buff1

Reaction score
Prothik rocks!!...it even stays in when swimming, but shampoos out easily...the only slight complaint is some frosting but hairspray usually minimizes it.