Saw Palmetto - My experience / Help needed!!!!

timad

Reaction score
Firstly I apologise for a possible repost.

Hi,

I am looking for some help/experiences of saw palmetto. I started to notice my hairloss about 2 months ago when I was experiencing a lot of shedding, notably in the shower. I bought a three month supply of Propecia but decided not to touch it due to the medical side effects and the recent bad news it experienced in the UK. The main area I noticed hairloss was on my left temple where the “temple pointâ€￾ was beginning to go.

I opted for a combination of 320mg of standardized extract of Saw Palmetto (85-95% fatty acids and sterols) for the hairloss and a Once a day Ginkgo Bilboa tablet for circulation. I do not think it has caused a reduction in libido although I do worry my manhood is not as strong although this could be in my head. After about two weeks I noticed less shedding which was great and then after three weeks I noticed that I had more tiny dark and light hairs on my hairline. I am unsure whether these are new hairs or short old ones, but I hope they are new. After three weeks I introduced Nizoral 2% which seemed to make my hair wirey and almost gresy when I put wax on it. I did not use this a lot but since using it I have noticed spots in my temple region and little bumps on my head that itch.

From weeks 3.5-5.5 I have noticed an increase in shedding from the head. The shedded hair seem to have white bulbs on the bottom of them which is quite worrying. My hair all over the top of my head (Not back and sides) is thinning so that you can see my scalp and my crown is starting to appear (Something that I have never worried about before). The crown feels very tight, almost like it is sunburnt but I am unsure whether this is the nizoral or not.

I am now in two minds:
1: is this not working and causing hair loss which will eventually speed up male pattern baldness so badly that it is incredibly recognisable.
2: This will begin to stop now and thicker hair will grow in a similair manner to that of Propecia.

Can anyone help? How long does it take for noticeable differences to take place as I am thinking of ditching my regime due to this hairloss, although I have read reviews that this can happen and then it grows back better and stronger. And then there are reviews of people just shedding for 6 months and leaving it as it ruined their hair making it worse.

Im really looking for some advice as I cant continue to think about it 24/7, inspect every hair that falls and search the internet hourly. It has to stop.

Tim

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I suggest you to stop the SP and start finasteride instead... A lot more powerfull and the same sides.

Just cus it is "natural" dont make it more safe :smack:

timad

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the link. Im worried about finasteride sides.

Any replies specific to the symptoms would be good, or experience, i.e. it gets worse or the shedding stops. I have read that its due to the weaker hairs being pushed out for stronger hair to grow but as with most people, its a game of uncertainty and when its your hair you worry somewhat!.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I don't like finasteride either.

I think you've really got a choice between topical mainstream treatments like minoxidil, Eucapil, Folligen and spironolactone, and a health approach - if you don't mind saying, do you have any health issues particularly that might affect the liver or digestion?

I believe they may play a large role for a fair number of people...

timad

Reaction score
Hi.

No Im a really healthy guy... I think. I dont seem to put on weight and retain muscle well and I eat a relatively good diet.

I have noticed some slight itching and when I pull gently at the hair that is covering the itch it simply comes out. All the hairs have a white bulb on them which has led me to think it may be Telogen Effluvium which whilst not as worrying as male pattern baldness in the long run, Im slightly concerned about the duration of how long it will last as it seems to begging worse. I do not know it is this for certain but it is something I have read about today and the sporadic nature of the hair loss with the white bulbs could point to this. My question is could Saw Palmetto have sparked this?! There is nothing online that talks about this.

Thanks