Saw Palmetto Shampoo?

Obsidian

Reaction score
Anyone ever thought/or put the liquid from the Saw Palmetto and put it into an anti-dandruff shampoo like Nizoral, Revita, or Tea Tree?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.regenepure.com/our-ingredients.html/

REGENEPURE® DR INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Deionized Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Carbomer, Glycerin, PEG-8, Ketoconazole, Niacin (Vitamin-B3), Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins, Dimethicone, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin-C), Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin-B6), Linolenic Acid, Emu Oil, dl-Panthenol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Menthol, Mentha Viridis (Spearmint) Oil, Hexylene Glycol, Salicylic Acid, PEG-25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Oil, Caffeine, Zinc Oxide, Guanine, Benzophenone-4, Polysorbate-80, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, FD&C Blue #1

Obsidian

Reaction score
That didn't answer my question... :whistle:

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
The Saw palmetto I know comes in capsules. not in liquid. The liquid form is probably already diluted in some oil and theoretically you could add it straight onto your scalp. I don't know of any literature about topical SP but it might work.

hairmaster

Reaction score
Obsidian-I just saw this post go through google wire and I wanted to respond so I joined. The ********* has Ketoconazole which is the active dandruff ingredient in Nizoral. Nizoral has sulfates which are bad for your hair, most commercial shampoos have it. ******* does not. But is DOES have Saw palmetto also. Just my 2 cents.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
That didn't answer my question... :whistle:

Well, I think it did...

That Shampoo has has a very similar formulation to Revita, but with Saw Palmetto also in it. So yes, someone did think of it. It also contains the active ingredient of Nizoral, so once again, yes someone did think of it.

By the way, you're welcome for the information. Geez.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
hairmaster said:
Obsidian-I just saw this post go through google wire and I wanted to respond so I joined. The ********* has Ketoconazole which is the active dandruff ingredient in Nizoral. Nizoral has sulfates which are bad for your hair, most commercial shampoos have it. ******* does not. But is DOES have Saw palmetto also. Just my 2 cents.

Hey hairmaster, I got a question. In your profile it states

"I am a hair master as it is very important to me and my profession! Ask me, I may have the answer!!!!"

What do you mean by that? Just curious.

Welcome to HairLossTalk.com!