saw palmetto vs. biotin

luvyababygirl

Reaction score
i've been using a topical treatment with saw palmetto for a while with some mild success. Recently i've been reading great things about Biotin though- and have found a reasonably priced biotin topical that I want to try. In your guys experience and opinions- what would work better?

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
I have heard about some European studies using topical biotin doing well. All these experimental treatments are fine as long as you stick to the basics that are proven also, not as a replacement for. What are you currently using at this time?

luvyababygirl

Reaction score
true- i guess look at it differently. i have blood pressure and other health issues so i stay away from minoxodil- that's all i meant.

Logic1

Established Member
Reaction score
have you considered taking it as a supplement rather then a topical?

G

Saw P orally is possibly effective in treating BPH, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it to do much for your head. Maybe it will give you some nice sides if ingested orally. Topically.. who knows.

G

badasshairday said:
Saw P orally is possibly effective in treating BPH, but I wouldn't hold your breath for it to do much for your head. Maybe it will give you some nice sides if ingested orally. Topically.. who knows.

SP giving sides when used internally?! It's been used for centuries as a remedy for a number of different ailments. Isn't it also prescribed in European countries for hair loss?

SP is supposed to bind to androgen receptors (like spironolactone). Some people say they've experienced low libido when taking SP but I think that's BS (no pun intended :)) because a low libido is one of the ailments that SP is used to treat!