Saw Palmetto vs Finasteride

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
They are both very good male pattern baldness products. They both also block 5-alpha-reductase. So could you go with the cheaper option and use Saw Palmetto instead of Finasteride?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
saw palmetto isnt even in the same ball park as finasteride

it honestly does nothing for you hair IMO

im sure others will agree

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
BodyDysmorphic said:
it honestly does nothing for you hair IMO

Why is this? Studies have shown Saw Palmetto is near enough the same as Finasteride.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I take SP myself and still wouldn't say it compares to finasteride - dosages and quality of dosages vary too much for it to be anything other than something to work with yourself til you see results (or not, as the case may be). The studies aren't great science but then the studies for nizoral aren't great either! I think the theory of having an effect on DHT/5ar is pretty sound nonetheless ...people are taking green tea for less.

I like it cos I can buy it in the local health shop, I haven't loss much more hair on it and I dont get sides from it.

CONFUSEED

Reaction score
Maybe you may visit flw website :
http://www.raysahelian.com/saw.html

The last msg is regarding the dosage of a success story. The guy said that he took 6 pills in the moring and 6 pills at night then got great result ( finasteride and minoxidil didn't work to him). I'm not sure if this is another scam but whether anyone tried to increase the dosage here? I'm curious about the result of extremely increasing the dosage n would like to know if there would be any sides. Tks!