saw palmetto

lafirma

Reaction score
I went to see a dermatatologist today he told me that he use too prescribe some type of saw palmetto because it worked very well for him and for his patients he said it was a certain amount of dosage but they stopped making it so he stopped prescribing it for some reason.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Saw Palmetto is about as useful as A Rod in October.

It looks good on paper, but in practice it really doesn't have any effect.

CCS

Reaction score
it stinks. might as well put poop in your hair if it would regrow any.

Sir Guy of Frizzbourne

Established Member
Reaction score
What's all this talk about the "right kind" of saw palmetto? I hear people saying you have to get the right kind, but they never specify. What type of saw palmetto do people look for?

msapacaman

Reaction score
saw palmetto probably has 1% the effectiveness of 1mg of propecia. If you can find a cheap bottle with a high enough dosage, it might be fair to try, but only if you are unsatisifed with results from finasteride and minoxidil.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I disagree. I think saw palmetto does have an effect. 320mg is the standard dose for prostate function i guess. If you took 8 or 9 times that amount saw palmetto should act in a way similar to finasteride.

beaner

Reaction score
I used to take high doses of Saw Palmetto and I can say it did have an effect on my scalp and hair to some extent. My hair which would be oily the next day after washing, dried out quite a bit and I could go several days without washing and it wouldn't get as oily. I can't say it had an effect maintaining or regrowing as I was also using minoxidil, but my hair did seem healthier when I was on it. Of course being on finasteride now there is absolutely no comparison between the two. finasteride is amazing for me.

mr_misterr

Reaction score
Saw Palmetto has the effect of v**** on me !!
I found it give harder erections.
Anyone else experience this?

beaner

Reaction score
mr_misterr said:
Saw Palmetto has the effect of v**** on me !!
I found it give harder erections.
Anyone else experience this?

Yes..that is another thing I noticed. I was horny as hell all the time when on that stuff.