saw palmetto

heartbroken1212

Reaction score
my question is, what type of saw palmetto is used for encouraging hair growth. theres standardised saw, saw extract, and just saw. can someone tell me if it makes a difference wot saw u buy? any recomended brands?

jasinfla

Established Member
Reaction score
My multi-vitamin has saw palmetto in it and I really like it. It's called "Garden of Life" and it works really good for my overall health. I never tried a straight-up saw palmetto though.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I really dunno if it will do anything drastic. Problem is with SP is I believe beta-sitosterol (the active part) is only really a fairly weak androgen receptor blocker (as I understand). So... it may work but... it will have a weaker and also less targeted affect than finasteride.

Equol always seemed the best internal treatment to me, but no-one can properly make the stuff lol

On another note, I think topical antiandrogens like Eucapil, CB-03-01, ASC-J9, RU58841 and all that are the way to go tbh - no sides, and results! :)

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do any of these you mention work and to what extent?

Eucapil, CB-03-01, ASC-J9, RU58841

What's the deal with Eucapil?

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't recommend saw palmetto at all. It did little for my hair and gave me nasty side effects.

jksl

Established Member
Reaction score
i got bad side effects from saw palmetto too. gave me post urinary drip syndrome (went away when i stopped taking it though). it also made me a bit chubbier and my sideburns, body hair and facial hair just stopped growing. it definitely messed with my hormones.

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
I really dunno if it will do anything drastic. Problem is with SP is I believe beta-sitosterol (the active part) is only really a fairly weak androgen receptor blocker (as I understand). So... it may work but... it will have a weaker and also less targeted affect than finasteride.

Equol always seemed the best internal treatment to me, but no-one can properly make the stuff lol

On another note, I think topical antiandrogens like Eucapil, CB-03-01, ASC-J9, RU58841 and all that are the way to go tbh - no sides, and results! :)

been a few reports of sides on RU58841 has there not?
also fewer reports of success on this as well..

not bagging it... just saying to keep an open mind.....