SBs4LIFE's Story

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
Background:
Well my story all begins back about 2 years ago, i noticed that my temple's were starding to become thinner. As any sensible 17 year old would do, i kind of freaked out. I thought how could this happen to me?? Im so young, my dad is 57 and still has a decent amount of hair, my brother is 23 and still has all his hair.

First Treatment:
I tried minoxidil first but then switched to a topical dht inhibitor; revivogen.

A Few Months later:
About 3 months later I added Procerin to the regime so i could attack dht internally as well as topically.

Propecia:
I finally decided to get on propecia. So I bought generic proscar(fincar) and started taking 1/4 pill per day.

Side Effects:
I never noticed any propecia side effects until me and my girlfriend got drunk and tried to mess around. I was devistated, i couldnt get it up to save my life. This scared the hell out of me and i stopped propecia for about 5 months. I dont know if propecia was to blame...i think it was a combo of inexperience(nervousness), alcohol, and lack of dht. I also dropped Revivogen because i was at the dorms and applying it nightly with a roommate was not that easy.

Propecia again:
I am now back on finasteride(propecia) and I have been for three months. I have not noticed any side effects what so ever, but in the last few weeks i have had an increase loss which has sent me scavenging through hairloss forums to find some kind of reasurrance. I've decided that im just going to stick it out for a few more months and hope to god that the "SHEDDING" is positive and im not experiencing reflex hyperandrogenicity.

If anyone has any advice or shedding experiences i would be glad to hear them. Ill post in a few weeks with the update of my shedding and I'll get some pics up there in a few weeks.

Deaner

Reaction score
hahaha, buddy, you were drunk. 'Round my parts, we call that "whiskey dick", and I wouldn't blame the finasteride. Silly fool :p

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
I wish that was the case but i really have been able to get it up many times while completely hammered. This unfortunately was also not an isolated incident. Nevertheless the side effects have not come back this time so im crossing my fingers and hoping that there isnt any reflex hyperandrogenicity.

Im also very happy to say that i think that the mild shed that i was experiencing is slowing down a bit...i think, im at 3.5 months with propecia so far.

Bismarck

Reaction score
SBs4LIFE said:
Also i have some pics but i dont have a site to post the pics at so if ne one could help me out there thatd be great. Thanks.

[/img]

Should be possible to allocate some webspace at yahoo for example.

bis

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
Thanks Bis. Well, here are my pics. These are of 3 months on propecia, i just got my digi so i dont have any of when i first started but i don't really think there would have been a difference. I'll get pics up every month or so. If they're not showing up you can goto
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sbs4li ... .dir=/7239

detail

detail

detail

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
Well, I new that i had picsof when i first started treatment burried somewhere in my computer and here they are. They are the ones from april, the others are after 3 months on propecia.
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sbs4life13/my_photos
I'll take pics again in august for a 6 month update...i hope i can notice a difference, or none at all i suppose, cuz frankly, just keeping what i have now would be fine by me :mrgreen:

badlad8167

Reaction score
checked out the photos...thats some serious progress- congrats. i started minoxidil 5% but showed no results throughout the 6months i used it. recently stopped because of irritation to the scalp. out of interest, what made u switch from minoxidil?

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
I was only on minoxidil for a few months because it was the easiest thing to get and i was pretty uneducated on the subject. But in my opinion minoxidil isnt sufficient enuf to attack the problem alone because it doesn't actually do anything to surpress dht levels which is what is ultimately destroying your folices. Its also a pain in the *** to apply any kind of topical treatment, especially twice a day.
I might add minoxidil at the 6 month mark with finasteride but i would much rather be able to go without it.

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
6 month update

Well, here are the pics of my 6 month update since i started taking finasteride. I really can't tell too much of a difference, but i would be happy just being able to maintain what i have now anyways so i guess i cant complain too much. I'll put pics up again in three months unless something drastic happens between now and then.

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sbs4life13/my_photos

Im still experiencing hair that is falling out but its not too bad...i just hope that they will grow back thicker.

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
9 month update

http://photos.yahoo.com/sbs4life13
Well, here is my 9 month update on finasteride. Fincar to be exact, ive been buying it from Inhousepharmacy.com, anyone had any experience with them. I'm still a little freaked out about people saying that Fincar isnt legit so if anyone has any reassuring news thatd be great.

As far as my hair, ive added Nizoral 3x/week and minoxidil to the crown all in about the last 1 to 2 months. I still lose hair, not too much, but im still losing hair when i rub my hands through my hair in the morning, a few in the shower, ect.. This is kind of discouraging and hoped it would be over with by 9 months...

I'd say that my condition has worsened since the beginning of treatment
(kinda hard to tell from the pics but im not too sure) I expected more stabalizing of my loss by now and maybe even some regrowth. Has anyone been using this long(9 months) with out results. I'm gonna stick with it just because the only other option in my position is dutusteride and i wanna see if i can get by with just good ol finasteride.

Any advice or support would be appreciated. Thanx :roll:

Petchsky

Reaction score
Did not see any photos from 9 months, but just looking at 1 month compared to 6 months you can see there has been an improvement... i would not say from looking at those photos that you are worse off now than when you started... plus alot of people start shedding again around month 9... so don't sweat it chap... lookin good.

SBs4LIFE

Reaction score
1 year update on finasteride

Alright..so for those of you just tuning in, i'm at the one year mark with 1.25 finasteride/day. Fincar to be exact. I also have been using nizoral for 2 months and minoxidil on the crown for 2 months.

http://photos.yahoo.com/sbs4life13

I can not really tell if anything is happening. The crown seems like it has filled in or atleast stabalized so that's always a plus but i can not really say the same for the frontal hairline. It is still thin in the front and continues to slowly lose thickness. This worries me...i am only 19 right now so i am gonna fight right upto the bloody end and hopefully have enough hair left for when the real "cures" become availible.

also, i'm considering switching to Dutasteride in maybe 6 mo/1 year if the front continues to thin...any advice, goodsites that sell it, ect.??
Thanks GUYZ,
mIke

itsjustaphase

Reaction score
looks good buddy. the fact that neither you nor any of us can tell if theres been a decline suggests that even if anything has changed its rediculously minimal.

good luck with the rest...