Scalp burning

Sid75

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that their shedding is associated with scalp burning? Is this a symptom of male pattern baldness?

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Scalp Icthing/Burning is commonly associated with hairloss , It is caused by your scalp becoming inflammed. This inflammation is caused by your immune system rejecting the hair follicles since they have become now a "foreign body". This is because the DHT has altered the hair follicle. Yes , it is a common symptom of hairloss and is treated with Nizoral(ketoconazole 1 or 2%).It should only be occuring in the places you are suffering hairloss on. I reccomend treating it with either T-gel/Nizoral/Revita immediately as it is a very annoying when it gets bad and could possibly make your hairloss worse.

Good luck!

Poo.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I've suddenly started to get this sensation again after a year of no irritation at all. I'll have to use my nizoral more often. It just so happens that my hair is starting to fall out at an alarming rate all of a sudden. Very strange and worry.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
try some emu oil.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I've whacked some Aloe Vera Juice on it for the meantime. I'll take a look at that product. Thanks for the advice.

jjunkk

Reaction score
Hi, I have been experiencing scalp irritation and soreness for about 1 year but it is getting much more worse recently. My scalp feels painful whenever I touch it gently, especially areas with hair falling off. Currently I am only using Nizoral shampoo, no minoxidil. I have tried emu oil, aloe vera gel, seabuck thorn oil, lavender oil, rosemary oil, apple cider vinegar ... but to no avail. I would appreciate if anyone could recommend some ways to stop the soreness/irritation. I am really pissed off! Thanks!

bob's your uncle

Reaction score
I put some liquid green tea extract into my baby shampoo. It has helped reduce the scalp irritation. I have always had bad dandruff which is better now also. As an aside, putting the extract in the shampoo reduces it's lathering ability, so maybe my scalp gets irritated by the shampoo suds. I lose less hair than when i use nizoral. however i am still balding, I still find the odd hair that has thinned and fizzled out at the root. I take 1/4 proscar every second day. I use swansons liquid green tea extract. if you want to try it's less than $10 i think. not sure of the web site but you should be able to find it.