Scalp cleaning question

ABJac

Reaction score
I have a pretty straight forward question, but I am hoping some vets have more complex answers. I feel like using the all natural shampoos without harsh cleansers is leaving my scalp oily and causing pores to get clogged.

Question: Is there a known scalp cleanser (not a daily or even weekly cleanser) but some type of scalp detoxifying/exfoliating treatment that you can use one a month or so that is specifically designed to remove excess DHT/Sebum/dead skin cells? I have done some research and most of the ones I find seem a bit harsh. I am trying to avoid stripping out all of the vellus hairs along with the scalp cleanse.

If anyone has tried anything with good results, or knows of a good product, please let me know

Cassin

Reaction score
A good tea tree shampoo or something with Salicylic Acid would work. I have been using such shampoos for years.

The best part? They are DIRT cheap.

Probably three times a year I have the person who is cutting my hair mention how healthy my scalp is. But if you're fishing for a specific brand I would guess either Jason's Thin to Thick or perhaps Natures Gate Tea Tree oil.

Tdevil

Established Member
Reaction score
I occasionally use vinegar.

And I'm with Cassin on J.A.S.O.N. Thin-to-Thick. They make absolute rockin hair care products.

Jacob

Reaction score
I have a pretty straight forward question, but I am hoping some vets have more complex answers. I feel like using the all natural shampoos without harsh cleansers is leaving my scalp oily and causing pores to get clogged.

Question: Is there a known scalp cleanser (not a daily or even weekly cleanser) but some type of scalp detoxifying/exfoliating treatment that you can use one a month or so that is specifically designed to remove excess DHT/Sebum/dead skin cells? I have done some research and most of the ones I find seem a bit harsh. I am trying to avoid stripping out all of the vellus hairs along with the scalp cleanse.

If anyone has tried anything with good results, or knows of a good product, please let me know

Here's one such product that comes to mind: https://www.morroccomethod.com/en/s...page=flypage.tpl&product_id=57&category_id=37
My shampoo of choice these days is Lamas Chinese herbal and Andalou's.

I use this massager while shampoo'n and applying topicals..should help with the sebum/dead skin cells issue you mentioned: http://teispa.com/shop/hair/hairsonic.html Not cheap..wait for a sale or shop around if interested, there are similar devices out there.

ABJac

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, what is the general consensus about Alpecin products?

Ginkosama

Reaction score
I ordered a few bottles of Jason's shampoos. I ll keep you posted.

I do have another question : I have long, curly hair, and to tame them I use a product called "brushing milk", yet it's full of nasty chemicals.
Would you guys recommend a brand that makes natural hair products to comb hair ?

EDIT : Chose Jason's Thin to Thick and one that repairs damaged hair with biotin and vit B5. Great products, good value for money, will only use that now.